PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Nasty Nasta (Nerf Bars)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Default Nasty Nasta (Nerf Bars)

I recently purchased Nasta Stainless Steel Nerf Bars and installed them on my wifes H3, the installation went fine, although I was surprised that they did not connect directly to the chassis where the factory ones connect, but instead they connected to the body mount bolts with the shock aborbers ( there are 3 of these on the underside of each side of the truck).
So after a couple of days my wife started to complain about rattling under her feet, when she started the truck, turned corners or went over bumps, i check the bars and they were rock solid no movement at all, so after numerous complaints I took the truck for a spin, and got the same problem.
So I removed one Nerf bar and left the other, same noise
I removed the other nerf bar, same noice and rattle under my feet
It was only when I removed the mounting brackets that the noise and rattle went away.

Now my wife is happy and I am $330 out of pocket, I called Nasta to ask them about the noise, they said a guy called Dan would call me back but he never did.

I would recommend only buying Nerf bars that attach to the chassis directly, if in doubt make sure the Nerf bars do not connect to the truck through the ends of the bars as this means they will rattle and vibrate.
Now I have the long process of trying to get my money back!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Nasty Nasta (Nerf Bars)

Thanks for the heads-up! That seems like a rediculous way to mount nerf bars, and a difficult one also. How long did it take you to install those things?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 AM

Sounds like a poorly designed products. Any chance of returning them? $330 is a big loss IMO. I weigh 240 lbs and mine are OEM attached to the frame. I bet my weight would bend your stuff! Maybe you can find a person on eBaymotors to buy them. A small loss would be better.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Thanks for the heads-up! That seems like a rediculous way to mount nerf bars, and a difficult one also. How long did it take you to install those things?
It only took about an hour, I had help from a friendwho installed bars on his truck,although his where attached directly to the chassis!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Sounds like a poorly designed products. Any chance of returning them? $330 is a big loss IMO. I weigh 240 lbs and mine are OEM attached to the frame. I bet my weight would bend your stuff! Maybe you can find a person on eBaymotors to buy them. A small loss would be better.
I'm going to try and return them, but I threw away the box thinking i wouldn't need it, and to make matters worse i dented one of the bars when I took it off. i may try and ebay them but first I am going to talk to Nasta again.