PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mysterious H2 Power Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Default Mysterious H2 Power Failure

Since the first day I had my car, there seems to be this mysterious power failure. Mind you everthing on my truck is stock, no after market stereo, no lighting modifications, nothing.

It occurs randomly with no traceable element. What happens is I'll lock my H2 with my keyfob, and leave it be from anywhere to 30 minutes to 8 hours. I'll come back and the keyfob won't unlock the car, lock the car, chirp, panic alarm sound, running lights, head lights, nothing. I can unlock the passengers side door with my key, get in and no power to the manual door unlock switch, sunroof, nothing. Power is restored to normal when I open the drivers side door only with my key, then the running lights come on, entry lights, door locks work, and the keyfob goes back to working. Also when I get into the truck via passenger side, power is restored when I hit the display button the factory stereo, but the door alarm goes off if I leave it open after I get in.

I have video taped the problem since the dealer, can of course never seem to duplicate the issue. I've never had my battery run down or die or anything.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Default RE: Mysterious H2 Power Failure

Just a thought here. If something is left on like a glove comp light or anything, the rig has a power saver mode that will kill everything after so many minutes.

Maybe there is something triggering this and that is the cause of your problem.

If I leave the doors open while cleaning it, all the lights will go out after some time.They only come back on when I shut and open a door. I have not tried to use the key fob.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 AM

Thats what I figured as well, the thing that troubles me is my hummer dealer acts like they never heard of it before and this is the first H2 to ever do this.

50k for a truck, and they act shocked when I hold them to a higher standard. LOL

Old 04-06-2007, 02:30 AM

any ideas on other ways to trouble shoot what is causing it?

Old 04-06-2007, 05:52 AM

Obviously a electrical problem somewhere, something is draining the power from the battery thats my view anyways..have a h2, nothing really seems to go wrong with it...get a electrican to check it out...couple of minor checks should pinpoint the problem

Old 04-09-2007, 12:22 AM

Talked to my service guy at the dealership yesterday. They supposedly fixed my Ustep rattle (hardy har har), and I chewed him out for around 10 minutes about the power failing, and not to send pablo the repair guy up there once a day to try it. I'm supposed to call him tomorrow, but my warrenty is good anywhere, I thought about taking it to another Hummer dealership here in Phoenix to see what they say.

I love my truck but I tell you, the mickey mouse things they cant seem to fix are trying my patience. I was supposed to go to the lake today, but my wife refused to go in the H3 loaner I have.

"WE DIDN'T PAY 50K FOR AN H3, WE PAID 50K FOR AN H2!" she says.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: hudson4269

I was supposed to go to the lake today, but my wife refused to go in the H3 loaner I have.

"WE DIDN'T PAY 50K FOR AN H3, WE PAID 50K FOR AN H2!" she says.
That sounded kinda snooty
Well did you at least enjoy byyourself at the Lake and the drive there and back?

Old 04-09-2007, 03:02 AM

we didnt go, thats just it. My wife refused to go cause she doesnt like the H3. (family picnic spot)

So in the unlikely event its fixed before my b-day (april 18th) I want to try and head out there before it gets hot. Im not a big fan of off roading in 115F degree weather. LOL

Old 04-09-2007, 11:06 AM

ok, new here, mostly lurking previously...your electrical problem intrigues me.
-First, is the remote the actual factory remote controlor an aftermarket remote.? I suspect what you have hapening is not a current drain because your battery is not dead. But rather, sounds like your BCM is going to sleep. An aftermarket remote will not "wake it up" if not wired in properly.
-The other option, which is always overlooked, is the battery in the remote is going dead....maybe enough juice to lock doors and put BCM to sleep, but not always enough to unlock doors and "wake it up".....I suspect if the problem is happening more often, to look into this .
Jay

Jay

Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 AM

Well, it seems despite the HUMMER Dealers many attempts to fix the power failures, I was able to do it on my own with the single push of a button.

I picked my truck up around 3 weeks ago, and within the first week of having it, I was having the standard power fails, but couldnt figure out what was linking them, UNTIL!

I came home from work one night and it was dark, the dealership had shut off the internal light switch so that no lights come on when you open the door or what not. well it was dark enough that when I got my laptop out of the backseat, I noticed that the lights were still on for the rear stereo controls! I waited a second and watched them, they didnt go off. Nothing else in the truck was on. So I leaned in and pressed the power button, and the lights went off.

That was 2 weeks ago and I havent had a single power fail since I pushed that one little button. *keeps fingers crossed*.

Quick Reply: Mysterious H2 Power Failure