PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Default RE: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

I'm not hitting the rev limiter from take off....geez....I wouldn't do that. I was on the highway only doing 65mph......I stepped on the gas to kick it down one notch....that part is fine....if you push the peddle in just a tad more to kick down one more notch...the v8 wants to go, but you feel the computer kick in and shut her down.......I was showing off a little, but mainly cleaning out the engine.....whatever was in the truck for oil (or whatever was put in my oil) really made a mess of the engine.......It has some black crap blowing out the backend.....[:-][:-][:-] It has now cleared up...thankfully!!!

Rhill20:
I finally got my truck fixed in regards to all the problems with the steering....brought it to another GM dealership. They changed the oil....which was never changed...I kept the original filter and dirty black oil sample. The Power steering pump pulley needed to be pulled, as that was never done. The hummer dealer greased the pulley and belt so it wouldn't squeak. I had the upper shaft replaced, because the Hummer dealer bent the coupling and lost the bushing for the bolt. The hole oblonged and almost snapped the bolt off. Then I had an alignment done, which fixed the toe of my tires. The Hummer dealer sent all of their repairs that they didn't do to GM to get paid.....not a good practice!!!!
I have a long letter to write to the owner, explaining what his dealership did, and what could of happened to me, if I drove much longer on their repair work.......

Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM

the black stuff on your tail pipes is carbon. Not much of should be caused by your oil.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Finally got my loaner, the install and relearn went OK!! but when I'm in idle it jumps around from 700 to 400 RPM all most like it's going to stall, anybody else see this?
What type of tune does the loaner come with? Maybe they don't send the loaners out with the same tune you ordered? Just a guess...sounds like a call from Canada to PCM 4 Less in the AM!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

Finally got my loaner, the install and relearn went OK!! but when I'm in idle it jumps around from 700 to 400 RPM all most like it's going to stall, anybody else see this??
You know....Now that you say that, mine did it today while I was out. I stopped at a light and the rpm's dropped for just a second. It was more of a stumble I guess. And that is with my PCM--Not a loaner. Interesting.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 PM

To me the loaner is tuned to stock, I'll see in the morning after I do 20 Miles or so to the office, worst case I have my PCM in a box on the front seat

Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM

It seem to be running better, but now the service engine light came on, I will check with Kelly this morning before I send mine back, I remember some one saying that also about the engine light.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:01 AM

James,
What program did you choose? With the CORE PROGRAM you send in your PCM and they send you back a TUNED PCM that you keep and send them yours in return. With the LOANER PROGRAM they send you a STOCK PCM that you use until they tune your PCM to your specs and return it to you.

With the loaner program you won’t see any performance gains until you get your original PCM returned to you which has been tuned to your specs.

I choose the Core Program so I didn’t have to wait for my PCM to be returned to me. I did the Security relearn and used their Dashhawk to do my own Case relearn and returned it and my original PCM all in one package.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 AM

I'vebeen corresponding by email with Kelly, and it turns out I screwed up on the order, it's not a loaner I got, it's the tuned PCM, I'm going to try to find some one with a Tech II scanner to do the case re-learn[&o], the dealer here are jerks, and I don't even want to call them

Old 04-08-2008, 01:03 PM

In my opinion you’re better off with the Core Program because especially being in Canada, you don’t have to wait for the loaner to be sent to you, then your PCM sent to them, tuned and returned back to you. Wow, that could take weeks!

I did my own Case relearn because no one except the dealer had the software to do it on an 08' Alpha and I didn’t want them to know I was doing this upgrade.

Old 04-08-2008, 04:51 PM

OK!! so on my way home tonight, now knowing it's the tuned PCM I've got installed I decided to open her up on the highway, two words HOLY ****, Gofaster sorry man but I think you need two speak to Kelly because I defiantly notice a big difference, like many other members have mentioned, the response time, the shifting, the kick down is amazing.

Now for the strange thing, my service engine light went out on the way home, I sent an email to Kelly to see what they think about it, it seems like without the case re-learn the engine light will not turn off, so anyways I'll let you guy know what she tells me.

Quick Reply: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!