PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

That limiter really stinks....I went to show off the other day...and the limiter kicked in....my Alpha made a lot of noise, but didn't go anywhere[:@]
If I keep my Alpha, I'll have to look into doing the PCMforless tune.........Not sure what is going to happen at this point with the safety issue and the bad dealer........[:-]

Old 04-06-2008, 08:02 PM

What safety issue? Did I miss something while I was out of town?

Old 04-06-2008, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

That limiter really stinks....I went to show off the other day...and the limiter kicked in....my Alpha made a lot of noise, but didn't go anywhere[:@]
If I keep my Alpha, I'll have to look into doing the PCMforless tune.........Not sure what is going to happen at this point with the safety issue and the bad dealer........[:-]
What limiter are you talking about??

Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 PM

I believe they are talking about the REV Limiter.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:20 PM

I don't think your crazy for not feeling allot with your tune. These tunes if I remember correctly only give like 12 hp in the I5. To be honest in 12 hp your probably not gonna feel it. This is hp at the engine and you might only be getting 4 of that at the wheels. I think what people are feeling that they think is hp is the change in shift points and the throttle response and they mistake it for more power but I really can't say for sure because mine won't be back here for another day or two.
With the deisle tuner's well they simply aren't any comparison. Diesles will make much more power and torque with a tune that ANY gas engine will and thats why you felt so much of differnce. I think most tuners can give you like 70+ hp increases where if you can get 30 hp out of a gas engine thats allot.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I believe they are talking about the REV Limiter.
Not a good thing to be hitting the rev limiter while trying to show off. And if that's what she was doing then I highly recomend that she keep the limiter if she gets a PCM tune.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Really? I have been hitting the rev limiter in my cars/trucks for years and haven't ever had any trouble from it. But it's not like I do it at every take off. Have I just been lucky?

Old 04-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Jackk Frost said it best. The change in shift points and the throttle response make the little HP gain feel huge. It’s that change in shift points and quick throttle response that make the upgrade feel so much better not the HP. Like I said I wasn’t looking so much for top end speed, I wanted the quick throttle response.

After my F350 Powerstroke with 350hp & 700ft/trq. I could never expect anything like that from my H3.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

Really? I have been hitting the rev limiter in my cars/trucks for years and haven't ever had any trouble from it. But it's not like I do it at every take off. Have I just been lucky?
You probably don't want to make it a habit, but a few times won't hurt ya. I just wouldn't advise taking the limiter off. Is that even an option? I know you can remove the top speed limiters, and sometimes increase the rev limiters, but I don't think you would want to remove the rev limiter altogether.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM

Finally got my loaner, the install and relearn went OK!! but when I'm in idle it jumps around from 700 to 400 RPM all most like it's going to stall, anybody else see this??

Quick Reply: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!