PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Default RE: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!

Yeah but just think how much more you’ll appreciate it when you finally do get it? [sm=signs006.gif] I'm beginning to believe my own BS!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:17 AM

I'm going to fork out the extra cash for transport.....at this rate it's going to take 36 days before I get the tuned PCM in my truck[][][]and 48 days with the return of the loaner
Got to love CUSTOMS........they probably think it's part of a nuclear bomb or something

Old 04-05-2008, 06:36 PM

I got my PCM back today!! I installed it and took it for a little test drive. I must admit that I didn't really notice a whole lot of difference. I wasn't really blown away like a lot of you guys claim. Hopefully it will be worth a little bit extra mileage?? The acceleration and driveability all felt similar to pre-programming. I ordered #2 for the tranny shifting and it feels a little better, but not by much. Maybe I was expecting too much?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:20 PM

Well I hope I don't have the same reaction when mine comes in

Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Kelly probably forgot to program yours Just kidding. Really, you didn't notice a difference? I know we hype it up a lot but I noticed a big difference, especially when at highway speeds and trying to pass. Do you also have intake and exhaust mods?

Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: alrock

Kelly probably forgot to program yours Just kidding. Really, you didn't notice a difference? I know we hype it up a lot but I noticed a big difference, especially when at highway speeds and trying to pass. Do you also have intake and exhaust mods?
Yep....I have a BB exhaust and a K&N FIPK. Maybe I just need to drive it a little more and really see. I went about 5 miles is all. I took it up a long, fairly steep hill that I could only hit 82 mph max going up before. Today it went maaaayyyybe 83 mph. Not much of a difference.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:50 PM

Sorry to hear that you’re disappointed. The upgrade on my Alpha made a big difference. It’s much more responsive and shifts much better.

Let me try to explain how it feels. I had a Ford Powerstroke with a 6 position chip in it. I could turn the dial and feel the HP increase each time I turned the dial. It was like night & day. That is exactly how this upgrade feels, like night & day.

No offence but I’ve driven my brother-in-laws I5 H3 and thought is was underpowered . The Alpha was better with the V8 but now it grabs me by the seat of my pants. It’s just so much more fun to drive. I have a custom dual exhaust which helps and I'm waiting for a hi-flow air intake to become available.

I haven't opened it up yet to see what it will do but when the local race track opens I'll test it to see how it does in the 1/8th mile.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

Sorry to hear that you’re disappointed. The upgrade on my Alpha made a big difference. It’s much more responsive and shifts much better.

Let me try to explain how it feels. I had a Ford Powerstroke with a 6 position chip in it. I could turn the dial and feel the HP increase each time I turned the dial. It was like night & day. That is exactly how this upgrade feels, like night & day.

No offence but I’ve driven my brother-in-laws I5 H3 and thought is was underpowered . The Alpha was better with the V8 but now it grabs me by the seat of my pants. It’s just so much more fun to drive. I have a custom dual exhaust which helps and I'm waiting for a hi-flow air intake to become available.

I haven't opened it up yet to see what it will do but when the local race track opens I'll test it to see how it does in the 1/8th mile.
I had a Ford Powerstroke before the H3 also. I traded it in on the H3 because of the difference in mileage and fuel prices. Not to mention that the Hummer's size makes it much more practical for everyday use. I had a Superchips programmer for the Powerstroke also. I could tell a huge difference between power levels with the Superchips. I am not naive enough to think that the PCMforless tune would make that much of a difference on an H3. I am just saying that I don't really feel a SOTP difference. Like I said......Maybe I need some more seat time to feel it. Hopefully better MPG's.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: GOFASTER
I am not naive enough to think that the PCMforless tune would make that much of a difference on an H3. I am just saying that I don't really feel a SOTP difference. Like I said......Maybe I need some more seat time to feel it. Hopefully better MPG's.
I’m not suggesting you’re naive about anything. You were very apprehensive about this whole idea of an upgrade to begin with so maybe you are expecting too much. Maybe it doesn’t make that much of a difference with the I5 but read what these other guys had to say about it.

As far as my Alpha is concerned, when I spoke to Kelly about what I wanted she asked me if I wanted the “limiter” removed and I said yes. I wasn’t really looking for “top speed” but just better all around performance and when I tell you this is unbelievable I mean it!

ORIGINAL: branstone
Just got my PCM back from pcmforless , and let me tell you,, haha,,
Seriously I notice a big difference. I do have the K&N CAI and Gibson exhaust, and I think the tune helps with that, and the shifts are real quick, its great. I can't believe i waited this long.
ORIGINAL: Doc Olds
I think PCMforless was one of the best bang for the buck mods I have ever done. Made my H3 much more driver fun friendly. Here is a chance to do it and save a few bucks. KUDOS Kelly and PCMforless!
ORIGINAL: kk07h3
I got tired of waiting. I did the PCM tune about a month ago. It is certainly a noticeable improvement.
Well worth the money in my book. I got lucky and didn't even have to do the security relearn on the loaner or my new tune.
At the group buy rate it is a bargain!
ORIGINAL: Hummerhead
Got my PCM back from PCM for Less and the tune is great! Faster, smoother shifts and it stays a bit higher on the powerband before shifting. Makes the H3 an even more pleasurable drive. Thanks for the group buy Kelly!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM

I am happy for you. And I know that almost everyone else has felt a huge improvement with their tune. That is why I did it. Hopefully, as I said, I will be able to feel it with a little more seat time.

Quick Reply: And my PCM is on it's way back to me!!