PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My new venture(s) (get some coffee)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Default RE: My new venture(s) (get some coffee)

Good luck HG, hope itworks out for you

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

We might have out own FBI guy soon.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 PM

that's what we could rename HG for his tagline G-MAN

Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Might as well. Seems like everybody gets renamed periodically anyway.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I only say I think Sony's are bad because of my personal experience with them. That doesn't mean they are, but I have to judge them based off of what I'm used to. If all of those people on that forum are having issues with that game, it seems that the game has a bug and doesn't know how to handle memory.

My friend is going to follow up with the FBI position, but I'm really torn about it. In June, it will be my 10th year in this firm. That means I will now get a total of 28 vacation days a year. It's VERY hard to walk away from that. There aren't many jobs that give you almost 6 weeks of vacation. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

This whole video game retailer thing is slowly becoming more work and more complicated then I thought, to do it the right way. It may involve more time and money then I have available to me.

I have alot of ideas. We'll see what happens I'm sure they are already watching everything I post and after seeing that will probably throw my resume out the window because of how many trees I'll kill writing 10 page reports on why I was late 5 minutes

Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I have owned several businesses and they are always more work than you think they will be. Expect it.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Well, the more I'm digging into this, the more I realize I don't have the resources I thought I would to do it. The contractual obligations are far more then what I have time and money for.

Oh well. I'll make a decision shortly. On to my next business venture I have a list. I'm going to go down the list until I hit something that works.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Well, I only say I think Sony's are bad because of my personal experience with them. That doesn't mean they are, but I have to judge them based off of what I'm used to. If all of those people on that forum are having issues with that game, it seems that the game has a bug and doesn't know how to handle memory.
I called Firaxis... and they said that it was not intended tonor will they ever spend time supporting Vista... They suggested I rollback to XP....

I told them what I thought and they hung up on me....

oh well... **** Sid Meier and Fireaxis....

Old 04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

I was going to buy that game before too. I can't believe they won't support Vista. I bet it would take one of their programmers an hour to throw together a patch for it.

Morons. Hopefully they get bought out by EA like every other game developer is these days.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Since I don't do the games hopefully I won't have the problem. None of the applications I normally use seem to cause any breal issues.

Quick Reply: My new venture(s) (get some coffee)