PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My new venture(s) (get some coffee)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My new venture(s) (get some coffee)

That doesn't seem right to me That's physically impossible. I wonder if there is something running that is bogging down your system. Does Sony load all of that crap in the taskbar? Did you recently buy a printer or have a all-in-one printer that may not have the correct Vista drivers and the control panel for the printer is sucking up the memory?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:53 PM

I didn't read the post cause it's too long...that's more like crapper reading material.

I'll post about later....bout 45 minutes after dinner

Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

dont bother. it's turned into computer geek talk. You, well, you just wouldn't understand.....

Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

I have a Sony... so it is full of bloatware.... when I start it it's at where I posted.... if I manually go in and close out the extra **** that runs... I get in around 45 processes.... using about 800mb.... then I start that game it it stays around 1.91gb.... then if I lay some track it goes to 2gb and crashes....

I'm not the only one....

I read this from start to finish and NOTHING worked for me....
http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1542

Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

There are 10 pages to that thread!

Does Vista have power management for the disc drives? I doubt it would, but since it's a laptop it might.

Check Device Manager and see if there is a power management setting under the drive. If there is, turn it off.

Also, that autoplayxx.xx crash message made me wonder if when you stick the disc in if autoplay is trying to work and hangs while you are playing. Maybe you should jsut for the hell of it disable autoplay on your disc drive.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

I'm doing SP1 right now.... it is available through Sony... so we will see....

Thanks for the suggestions.... it gets annoying now and then....

My tower is a 10 bay 2 cd-r, 2 dvd-r, 4 HDD, water cooled 3.8hgz with 4gb of ram and I hand built andhad 1/1000 the issues that I have had with this new computer in 2 weeks.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

You guys might as well be speaking swahili

Old 03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

That is a kick-*** system man.

Not to bust a nut on you or anything.......... I mean, bust your nuts, but I always tell people to stay away from Sony computer products. I have seen nothing but problems with them since they started making computers. 100% failure rate with people I know. I have a air force buddy who bought one and the MB failed in 18 months. My sister-in-law had two, one desktop and one laptop, all failed within two years, and an attorney here at the firm, same thing.

This is one thing they "suck" at (my technical terminology) is making computers. They need to stick to what they know.

That's all from personal experience of course, but my opinions are based on facts I've encountered. I think their specs are great, if they can actually run.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

and yet this is my 4th one and I have had zero issues.... I've always been a Sony person... once you get past all of the bloatware...

BTW... if you ever need a couple of those I-star 10 bay cases.... I got them off of Ebay for $1 each.... I think I have 5 left....

Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM

Sounds like either way you go will be good! I hope which every way it goes, you're happy!!

Continue with the computer geek discussion. [8D]

Quick Reply: My new venture(s) (get some coffee)