PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My New Toy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My New Toy!

Good point.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 AM

And you wonder why "First Nations" people get a BAD RAP!!!!

NAH, Just bustin' your *****!!! Pretty Cool!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 AM

Is that even street legal? Nice truck for the price, but I would cover the gas tank.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

And you wonder why "First Nations" people get a BAD RAP!!!!

NAH, Just bustin' your *****!!! Pretty Cool!!!
LOL!
And no its not street legal... will be towed to the trails all the time... strictly for offroading.

My plans with it are..
Finish lifting it(its basically half way there) just need some 4" springs and shocks for the front and its finished already have the shocks for the rear and springs from front go to the rear for a budget lift... Also long arms are already on it and the steering stabilizer is already extended...
Put 33" SS Boggers on it.
Paint it Camo
Stencil Paint in "LIL JUN" in the middle of front and rear bumpers.

And thats about it. And yea no plans to protect the gas tank. If i was a fabricator and knew how to weld I might but I dont and dont want to pay someone as much as I paid for the truck to do so... Trying to keep it cheap....

Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

At least for what you paid for it if something expensive breaks you can just push it behind some bushes and walk away.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting.....

Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

At least for what you paid for it if something expensive breaks you can just push it behind some bushes and walk away.
thats exactly what i am planning on doing... something expensive breaks... buy a new one take off the good parts(bumpers,rock rails,long arms, lift kit, tires etc) and put them on the new one.... accessories alone are worth what i paid I believe... 1/2 a lift kit with heavy duty long arms.... heavy duty front and rear bumper and rock rails...

Old 03-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

So when is your first off road adventure in the new toy?

Old 03-12-2008, 10:30 PM

Well I originally bought it for Gopher Dunes which is April 20th. But if I get a lift kit for it before then I might take it for a lil run. I have toyed around with it in the parking lot across the street and climbed a couple snow banks... Was really impressed with how well the lincoln locked rear end worked. The reason I have to wait for lift kit is due to the custom long arms could damage the unibody if i wheel it hard... also the steering has been extended so cant turn left too far and can really cut it hard(waaay too hard) right. so to fix this i have to put the stock stuff back on which i dont have or lift it which I plan on doing...

Old 04-20-2008, 07:34 PM

Ok so this past week you might have noticed I havent been too active been really busy trying to get all my rigs upto par for Gopher Dunes.... What I ended up doing was lifting the ZJ.... Kept the 2" Coil spacer in the front and then put a 4" TJ Lift coil up from giving me 5.5-6" lift total in the front... Ended up just putting the stock front coil in the rear which gained approx 3" lift in the rear. That ended up taking a day of work... 6 hours doing the front due to first time lifting a rig myself and the old owner had some wacky brackets on here I had to figure out. The rear ended up only taking an hour if that thanks to my runflat compresser....
Now for the sad news... after2.5 days of working hard on trying to repair my brakelines in the H1 to tow my ZJ to gopher dunes mudfest. I ended up messing it all up and melting a rear CTIS line while I was at it.. As the story goes I needed to replace driver side rear brake line due to a leak in it... So after several hours of trying my hardest to remove just the damaged line I ended up damaging the other while loosening up the T joint... So I figured lets just replace the whole rear will be easier to do then working with all the old hardware... So I got the whole rear brake system undone and since I had no time to wait for AM General OEM brakelines to come in I decided to get the tools and steel tubing and make the lines myself ended up going good... they were holding fluid in all... So took it for a test drive worked fine... Yestarday I decided to load the jeep onto the trailer and hook the trailer to the H1 so it be ready to go in the morning. So i decided to give it another test run to make sure everything is find about 4 blocks away I noticed a burning smell... so i turned around and started to head home on the way home I noticed my rear tire pressure dropping so i turned my compressor on hoping to make it back in time... When I got back I immediately heard a hissing noise coming from the rear of the truck... Looked underneath and the brakeline got soo hot that it melted the rubber in my CTIS line that it was touching... I still yet to thoroughly check out what went wrong since at the time everything was soo hot didnt want to inspect too much... But I believe that due to the trailer load in the rear end it caused the brakelines to make contact with a moving object and the heat from the friction burned my CTIS. So long story short no gopher dunes and still yet to give my ZJ a test run

But here is what the ZJ looks like lifted now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/894/59F210D48C734A988D505DDEB59D74EB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/894/4EF4D18997EC42B184778EFA194BC215.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/894/76CCD180653644C991E57DF8F36F9A07.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: My New Toy!