PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My new stereo/ideas for others

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Default My new stereo/ideas for others

This is my new sound system I have had installed this past week I am posting mainly to give people ideas if they are considering changing out or upgrading their systems. The system stats are, Hifonics 1210d 1200watt amp that is put in the left rear cargo panel, A 1000 watt pioneer premier 10" subwoofer in a custom fiberglass enclosure in the back door. Back up camera is pioneer nd-bc4 2010 model. I was very suprised with the light the camera picks up at night the image below is in almost pitch black.Just the break lights without foot on break and what ever light the light post is giving off from across the street created the light for that image. The head unit is the pioneer avh3100dvd this head unit gives a nice boost to the stock door speakers I feel. I also had the pioneer xm module put in to keep satelite radio the bluetooth was not effected and onstar works fine with the gm module you use when changing out headunits. The sound system is far superior to the monsoon system in my opinion and was cheaper by about 400 dollars my total cost with installation was just under $1500. Any questions I will do best to help thanks for checking out my post.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:35 AM

Nice install! Where did you get it?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM

nice setup man, i just bought the pioneer avic-x910bt and i'll be installing it myself, hopefully it's not too hard. did you have them install it so that you could play DVDs on the road?

i'm loving that sub in the rear door, wish i had the ability to do that myself

side note, where in jersey are you from?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM

I just purchased a regular harness but there are 2 connectors 1 plugs into the back of the stereo but the other little one I have no idea where it goes. And that little wire has the acc wire that I need to turn on the radio any body can help me?

Old 01-23-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Nice install! Where did you get it?
I had the work done at bumper to bumper in freehold nj. The actual install costs including the gm module for onstar wiring and the back up camera was around 850 dollars which isnt bad considering module and the camera were 300 right there . I have known the guy for years and really is the only one around here who has worked on a few h3's so I went with him. I bought all the components speaker headunit and amp online and saved about 150 dollars doing that.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by ByronSA
nice setup man, i just bought the pioneer avic-x910bt and i'll be installing it myself, hopefully it's not too hard. did you have them install it so that you could play DVDs on the road?

i'm loving that sub in the rear door, wish i had the ability to do that myself

side note, where in jersey are you from?
The x910 is a real nice head unit I considered it but I didnt need navigation. If I was just getting a new headunit I would have probably done the job myself .With it being so cold here and not being able to work on car in my garage I figured just get it done. If something goes wrong ill have someone to blame aswell lol. The guy installed a bypass switch under the dash on driver side so I could watch movies while driving if I choose to. The rear door sub installation was pretty nuts as far as work put into doing it. I stopped by the shop when they were in the middle of doing it and they cut out large part of the door frame to fit the fiberglass box they molded into door. Im sure if you really planned it out looked at the door frame behind the panel and Learned how to build fiberglass boxes you could do it. I live in jackson in ocean co.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Heated Heavy
I just purchased a regular harness but there are 2 connectors 1 plugs into the back of the stereo but the other little one I have no idea where it goes. And that little wire has the acc wire that I need to turn on the radio any body can help me?
The second wire I believe goes to the gmos 01 module you use to keep car chimes and onstar and the one wire your referring to thats acc if its blue it should be the remote wire which tells the amplifier when to turn on and off with the radio. If its a larger black wire its the wire you put an adapter on so you can connect to the cars radio antenna. I only am guessing based on what I read and when I did a aftermarket stereo in my old pathfinder.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:03 PM

^ I purchased the pioneer avh-p4100dvd and I bought a harness that has a larger clip that clips to the original wiring harness then it also has another clip I'm assuming that goes to the gmos module. But the harness does not come with an acc wire or engine ignite wire (whatever its called) so it can never tell the radio to turn on. Where do I run the acc wire? Can I just splice it into the yellow wire for the battery? Where do i connect the little connector I dont see where it would fit anywhere, after I connect the big connecter to the factory harness?

Last edited by Heated Heavy; 01-23-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM

I like that it look really cool I'm think about doing it to my

Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Tony-

You said the factory bluetooth was not affected by the radio switch? I have a 2009 H3, so it has the factory bluetooth... if I installed a DVD/NAV unit with the Onstar adaptor, I'd like to still be able to use the factory bluetooth. I'm not keen on installing a new microphone, etc.

Quick Reply: My new stereo/ideas for others