PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My new H3 Alpha/Adventure...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Default My new H3 Alpha/Adventure...

Well, I took the plunge yesterday. The dealer I work for really went above and beyond to get me out of my lease and into the Alpha. My payments actually went down a little and I even added a few accessories (on order). Here's a few pictures. It's the new Graphite Metallic with Ebony Leather. I can't wait to get it off road!!!

Mike

Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My new H3 Alpha/Adventure...

Oh, that's a bummer. Nice new ride.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 AM

Looks good Mike! Congrats

Thats cool how they were able to get you out of the lease and lower your payments.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:03 AM

Mike can you arm us with some specifics on your lease trade up to the Alpha? Nice ride bro...

Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM

Sweet Alpha!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:19 AM

Yeah we all want to know how to get out of a lease and have lower paymentsWhats the secret?
ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Mike can you arm us with some specifics on your lease trade up to the Alpha? Nice ride bro...

Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SteveO

Yeah we all want to know how to get out of a lease and have lower paymentsWhats the secret?
ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Same here! I'm thinking of trading my 07 H3 for the Alpha.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM

How much of your off-road gear were you able to swap over to the new Alpha.....

Or are you gonna get new stuff?

Congrats BTW.....Very nice color.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:35 PM

congrats!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 06:35 PM

They let me take everything that I added off of the truck with the exception of the roof marker lights since they were drilled into the roof. No big deal. SinceI work there they are letting me swap the tires too since I need my Mickey Thompsons!

Basically, they called GMAC to find out what the dealer buyout was on my 06 and then did an appraisal as if they were buying it back. Their appraisal was only a few dollars short of the buyout so it really didn't hurt me to unload it to the dealer. Then they just used my employee discount and other incentives to get into the Alpha. So the trick is to either find someone that wants to buy your lease out or hope the dealer is interested in buying your truck for their lot. Those are the best two ways of getting out of the lease. Since I work there, I'm sure they helped me out quite a bit. I feel very fortunate too.

I put 150 miles on the Alpha today on the highway. The gas mileage seems slightly less than the I5 but not much. If you stomp on the V8 a lot then it starts to suck gas just like a V8 does anyway. It's one of those trucks where your cruising down the highway and look at the speedometer and your like, crap, I need to slow down!

Quick Reply: My new H3 Alpha/Adventure...