PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Hummer of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Default My Hummer of the Month

I know on the board in another section there was some talk of possibly buying a H3 and doing it up for wounded warriors. A friend just sent me this and i thought yall may like to see it. For all veteran and those of you that support our military:

CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. ( March 2, 2006)
Karla Comfort received a lot of looks and even some salutes from people when she drove from Benton, Ark., to Camp Pendleton, Calif., in her newly-painted, custom Hummer H3 March 2. The vehicle is adorned with thelikeness of her son, 20-year-old Lance Cpl. John M. Holmason, and nine otherMarines with F Company, 2nd Battalion, 7 th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine
Division who where all killed by the same improvised explosive device blast
in Fallujah, Iraq, in December.

For Karla Comfort, having the vehicle air brushed with the image of the 10 Marines was a way to pay homage to her hero and his fellow comrades who fell on Iraq's urban battlefield'I wanted to let people know (Marines) are doing their jobs honorably, and some of them die,' said the 39-year-old from Portland, OR 'I don't want people to forget the sacrifices that my son and the other Marinesmade.'

Leading up to her son's death, Karla Comfort had received several letters from him prior to his return. He had been deployed for five months, and Comfort 'worried everyday he was gone until she got the letters and found out the date he was coming home,' she said.

Marines knocked on the front door of her home in Farmington , Mich. , at 3 am with the dreadful news.'I let my guard down when I found out he was coming home,' she said. 'There are times that I still cannot believe it happened . It's very hard to deal with.'

Karla Comfort came up with the idea for the rolling memorialwhen she and her two other sons attended John's funeral in Portland, Ore.'I saw a Vietnam (War) memorial on a car, and I said to my son Josh, 'we should do something like that for John,' she recalled. 'He loved Hummers.'

[size=3][font=consolas] &nb

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Default RE: My Hummer of the Month

that's old news...we had a thread about that on here a few times now. And it can't be the ROTM...as rules state that the ROTM must be an active member.

still a nice paint job though

Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM

I forgot one!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:55 AM

Sorry about that as I thought I got something hot and new here and was going to be like a hero! Any objections of me finding her and getting her to be a member.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:14 AM

more power to ya if you can....I know a few guys in the past have tried....be curious to see if the h3 is still in good shape.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:11 AM

I saw that H3 last Aug at a benefit concert we held here Fallen Hero's Concert. We had all the Army, USMC, Navy, Air Force and CG displayed stands with rock walls, pull up bars, gave out PPI's (that's what we call giveaways). That and another Hummer H2 was parked in the middle of all of us. About 600 of us rode our Harley's in from 30 miles out, all veterans, looked really cool. Hats off to her and all who try not to forget those have given the ultimate sacrifice! I and the majority of us were lucky enough to come home in one piece, but we must never forget those that weren't so lucky.
Old news, yes. But I personally thank you for bringing it back. Very cool!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:05 PM

This has been around for awhile, but it's always cool to look at that H3.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

I wanted to so a Support Our Troops graphictheme in my rear window, but I'm still trying to figure out how and when.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

I read that story awhile back. Really cool.