PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Hummer H3 - Very Important Question :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Default My Hummer H3 - Very Important Question :(

Hey everyone,

I have a Hummer H3 2007 model that i baught several months ago in Dubai, UAE. I am now moving to LA and was wondering if anyone knows about any important differences between a Hummer in the states and those sold in the middle east. My friend told me there would be important specification differences that would clash but i can't seem to find any over the net ...

Thanks in advance,
Rocky

Old 01-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Default RE: My Hummer H3 - Very Important Question :(

No ideas Rock....But Welcome!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 AM

My advise would be to contact Hummer directly. The link below is to their website and then click on the "Contact Us" link in the upper right hand corner

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp

Good luck!!

Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Some minor emissions differences at most is what I am thinking. Check it with Hummer and let us know what they say. Thanks.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Usually the differences are in bumpers and emission controls. Not sure there are any on the Hummer but when I used to buy the occasional exotic the grey market cars always had an expensive conversion to go through to be import legal and not everyone did them right.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 AM

You need to check your windows to see if the glass meets US NTSB standards, collision side protection in the doors, bumpers and emissions. I would think that these items are not different due to the costs GM would incur with having do manufacture "lesser versions" of the same vehicle unless the vehicle was "Completely" built outside the US. I would check on your driver side door to see when and where your H3 was made. I can almost bet that your emissions won't meet CA regs so you might have to pay the smog impact fee, it is more than likely a 48 state emissions complient. I would contact GM and they would need the VIN# to verify that its had been built to US standards. Usually though buying an American car outside the US you don't have to worry as much as buying a Local vehicle, i.e. Nissan Skylines are only made in Japan and because guys wanted to bring them to the US, they had to convert allot of parts (Windows, Bumbers, Side impacts bars in the doors)to meet US safety standards. But again the H3 was exported to the UAE not built there.