PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My H3 Problems Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Default My H3 Problems Update

Just picked up the car, and I still they prove their incompetence. I have to say they fixed all the little abnormalities, but the main problems still unresolved, they just try to tell me all this bs is normal. The guy printed out some news from GM saying that it is normal for 2005 and 06 H2s and 06 H3 to shift later when the temperature is low. It is supposed to help heat up the engine to normal temperature faster or some chit like that. Now, I do have to admitt the rental was doing the same exact thing, but all you guys say it doesnt happen to you ??
Also still lots of wind noise while driving at around 40mph and up...... I could swear I did not hear noise on my windshield like this, and if at all then couldnt be that much. but can you guys tell me if you actually hear any windnoise at higher speeds ? it seems like its the windshield hitting the wind ?? I thought it was the sunroof poorly installed before. I also have to admitt the rental had wind noise. But who knows if they didnt make the rental work that way on purpose, I donno anymore hehe.
They did absolutely nothing about the idle problem, said they could not reproduce it.

Please guys I need feedback on this, I am getting very upset.

Rafael

Old 02-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Default RE: My H3 Problems Update

BRING IT BACK FOR THREE TIME FOR THE SAME PROBLEM THEN DO THE LEMON LAW

THEN WHEN THEY BUY IT BACK FROM YOU GO TO A DIFFERANT DEALER AND BUY A NEW ONE GET A AUTO

Old 02-11-2006, 07:59 PM

Raffi,

Did you call another dealer's service somewheres else and ask them if that sort of shifting pattern is normal or not??..Maybe you can get a straight answer from them....

I'm confused..Do you have a Manual transmission, or an Automatic?[sm=type.gif]

Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM

MANUAL

Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 AM

When you say that it shifts later do you mean that the shift light comes on later? I am confused
if you have a manual transmission you control when it shifts not the truck.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:32 PM

He has manual I believe. He means that when he wants to put it in the next gear that it refuses to let the stick go completely to the point where you can let go of the clutch so he has to put it back and therefore cannot shift. Am I right Raffi?

And I think your problem is not as big as you think. I also experienced this with a car and it is completely gone when the car has warmed up. Like you said it may just be some kind of protection. When you start driving in the morning get up to a lot of revs before switching gears each time, that'll get rid of it faster.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: hummerific

He has manual I believe. He means that when he wants to put it in the next gear that it refuses to let the stick go completely to the point where you can let go of the clutch so he has to put it back and therefore cannot shift. Am I right Raffi?

And I think your problem is not as big as you think. I also experienced this with a car and it is completely gone when the car has warmed up. Like you said it may just be some kind of protection. When you start driving in the morning get up to a lot of revs before switching gears each time, that'll get rid of it faster.
...Raffi!! get in here!!

If it is a MANUAL, then that is the first manual I've ever heard of, that holds you back from shifting to a high gear when it's cold...I think he has a syncro problem and when it's cold it makes it worse...

Old 02-13-2006, 10:12 AM

I have AUTOMATIC transmission guys, how could it shift late if it was MANUAL ? You do not know how upset I am with this vehicle...... This was the 3RD time I had it in for the Wipers, and they still work as bad as before, I could hardly see anything driving home saturday in the snow storm. In addition to that now I get a constant loud rattle in the back of the car, they fixed the dent in the roof that they made replacing the sunroof, but now they made two 3 to 5 inch scratches right next to where the dent was.. another scratch on the rear door. They were tryint to fix a seal thing between the windshield and the dashboard, someone pushed it in so hard the dashboard is bent inward now, and I get rattle and squeeking noises from it....... I already wrote a letter on saturday to the GM at the dealer that I can not believe their incompetence and that I am 2 inches short of driving the car through their front window at the dealer....... after that I called GM and opened a case with them. The customer rep said that since I have so many issues so early with the car he is going to have one of the GM CS Managers give me a call today or tomorrow and take the issue of replacing the car from there.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 AM

Sorry guys, I was so pissed off all weekend long I didn't even get on to check messages. I have the automatic transmission.... and what happens is where usually it changes to 4th gear at around 60mph, if it is a cold morning it seems, it tends to keep it in 3rd for much longer periond of times, it doesnt differentiate on speeds either, I could go 65 or 80 and it still remains in 3rd, it seems it needs some time 15 seconds, sometimes 30 to finally shift to 4th. This happens with the engine already warmed up to normal temp but usually on cold mornings it seems.... Also I had a problem with idle at stop after driving for a while, it seems to to be dropping ever so lightly, as though the AC was comming on, but when it is off too. Almost died on me twice while in reverse though.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Oh they way you where talking i thought you had a standard (get off those drugs)

my auto is find that is weird and im in the cold no problems here anyone else

Take to a tranmission dealer see what they say

or drive it in first blow it, it's under warranty and say told you i had a problem

Quick Reply: My H3 Problems Update