PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My H3 Pics...Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Default My H3 Pics...Whats it worth?

Here is my 2006 H3 Adventure. Of course its a 5 speed with a rear locker. 75k miles. I have had extensive work done this year since my good friend owns the GM dealer I bought it at and I have the extended GMPP warranty. Included, but not limited to: New front diff, new steering rack assy with tie rods, all new brakes(rotors,pads,e-brake shoes,e-brake cables,e-brake pedal assy), both A pillar moldings and roof moldings, pinion seals, tranny fluid changed, wiper linkage.

The mods I have done: 2" torsion bar crank with 2" lift shackles. 315/75-16 BFG KM2's, Flomaster dual exhaust, Smittybuilt 8000lb winch on custom mount, Pioneer touch screen with Eclipse back-up camera, K&N filter with resonator delete pipe, tinted windows, ventshades, hood handles, etc

Was thinking of possibly selling it to get an Alpha. Let me know what you guys think!

Name:  DSCF1535.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  165.1 KB
Name:  DSCF1536.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  182.8 KB
Name:  DSCF1537.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  180.6 KB
Name:  DSCF1539.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  119.8 KB
Name:  DSCF1540.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  89.8 KB

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM

Looks great, love the black wheels and grill. I really need to do that to mine.

Is it a angle/camera trick or does the head unit not fit quite right?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Banned

great pics,,,looks like the camera is positioned for future destruction

Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM

Nice looking ride. Not to hijack but how do you like the rear 2" shackle lift? Notice a change in ride, etc?

Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM
rsc

Nice looking rig you have there! All that stuff looks nice, but outside of the winch and maybe the stereo, not really anything added-on adds much value to the vehicle. Sorry. The new parts might sway me to pay the asking price and not haggle down too much but if you have a long list of new or "upgraded" parts I have to ask what was wrong with them in the first place. Was the vehicle a problem child? It's obvious you have pride in your HUMMER and take care of it so I would say that unless you have an exceptional need for the Alpha that I would keep this one. Not saying that you couldn't always save for a second H3 that was a V8!

Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
Nice looking ride. Not to hijack but how do you like the rear 2" shackle lift? Notice a change in ride, etc?
I'm not the OP, but I just added a 1.5" rear lift with 3" longer shackles and immediately noticed better ground clearance and a very slightly top heavy feel going around bumpy high speed corners. It feels as if I had a load on a roof rack, or the shocks were a little soft. And I also had to lift the already leveled front a little more to keep from seeing sky out the rear view and being pitched forward out of the seat. All in all I am very pleased with the resulting increase in GC and looks.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned
Default noticed better ground clearance

i guess bigger tires lift the front skid plates and rear diff. howv does the lift give usable "gc"

Old 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM
rsc

DrTom,
You're correct, my ground clearance under my rear diff didn't change, but I lifted the front about 1/3" to 23.5" at the same time so the front went up marginally. The clearance I'm talking about is under the frame and with approach/departure/breakover angles. I was out wheeling a little the day before and then the day after doing the work and I noticed that what I had just lightly scraped over before didn't and that on the descents and climbs that my front an rear bumpers had scraped on didn't after doing the lift.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Banned

yeah,ok,im thinking gc as "when i look under it"!! not something id be doing but i like to understand the concepts. seems like a lot of work/$ for a little clearance

Old 10-13-2011, 06:21 AM

RSC...I understand where you are coming from, but my 3 has been great to me so far. Maybe I can clarify a few things. With my friend owning the GM dealership, it has enabled me to have a few "percs" if you will, when dealing with the service dept there. The complete steering rack assy was replaced because of a leaking seal. Rather than replace the seal, they replaced the whole thing, as my GMPP warranty footed the bill. Same thing with the front diff. I had the fluid changed...and they noticed some foreign matter in the fluid. Again..warranty paid for a complete front diff assy. It has also had the updated shift fork in the transfer case. The brake thing went like this...the ebrake wasnt holding to well. Almost like a cable had stretched. Upon inspection, they found a broken cable in the rear. They also inspected the other two cables, and said they didnt look good either, so they ordered them all. Since the ticked was opened for ebrake..they went ahead and replaced the ebrake shoes and hardware as well. The pedal assy in the truck, is the only way to get the front main cable, so they replaced that too! In other words, where most dealers would just "fix" the original complaint, my dealer replaces everything related to it as well since my GMPP warranty I paid for is still covering it.
I have zero issues with my truck. It has never left me stranded, or not started everytime I turn the key.
The radio pic must be the angle, because the headunit fits in perfect. The pic makes the top trim look bent or something...IDK!
The rear camera is protected very well actually. The spare tire sticks out way past the camera. I would have to try really hard to knock that off!
Again...I love my 3, and would only think about getting rid of it to get an Alpha. Until that is in my budget, I will continue my journeys in my rig...so far...so good...

Quick Reply: My H3 Pics...Whats it worth?