PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My first Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: My first Accident

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

[And ... that's like asking to get screwed prison style ....
Ummm..you speak from experience Bubba?[sm=grin.gif]

Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Hey now, just because I work for a lawfirm doesn't mean people are constantly screwing other people over for money and power and doing things they shouldn't be doing. Oh, wait, nevermind, you are right!
i reckon since u work for a lawfirm u'll aready know this butmake him sign something to show thats its paid infull
i'd hate to see him try to get more out of ya later
just an idea to cover ur butt

Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

I definintely will. My point is that my time and clean driving record is worth more then saving $100 by going through the insurance company. They can't file a claim. I have 5 witnesses that all saw and heard both of them say he was driving with no license or insurance. He is honestly afraid of ME filing a report on him. Why should I go through all that crap for what, so I can get out of paying an extra 100 bux, when I'll have to spend 500 on the insurance and all my time and money working on it, not to mention having that crap on my record? It's not worth it to me.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Sosorry to hear that..I admire your honesty, there are alot of people out there who just don't give a damn..If my hummer was hit by another vehicle, I'm sure they wouldn't think twice about leaving their name or #..they would go home and not have a guilt at all..

Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you! That's exactly why even though people say, well I wouldn't do this or they wouldn't do that, I won't turn into one of those people. If it comes and bites me back, then it does, but oh well, I know I am doing the right thing, and that means more to me then money.

Besides, the last thing I wanted was to see a guy that was trying to be nice about it get arrested in front of his 4 year old son because he forgot his license. People make mistakes in life. If there was more forgiveness in the world then finger pointing then the world would be a better place.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM

sorry to hear Mike...that blows. I know here in NJ you have something like 10 days to produce a licence and insurance card if you get into an accident so he wouldn't of broken any lays here....if he did have insurance. Hope it all works out for ya!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

[And ... that's like asking to get screwed prison style ....
Ummm..you speak from experience Bubba?[sm=grin.gif]
From a financial aspect I've been gang raped onceLOL! Hence my zero tolerance policy and doing things strictly by the book. I would personally call in a cop for ANY kind of accident above and beyond a fender bender .. this just so I can produce a report to my insurance company if needed.. if that puts someone on the spot .. sorry about your luck but it's YOUR problem not mine if you drive without avalidlicense or insurance. I don't expect to treated any differently which is why I have my **** in order .. it's the least you can expect of an adult in my opinion!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM

If you get pulled over in the state of Ohio without valid insurance you get a curtesy ride so to speak. None of this 10 day grace period anymore .. Can't recall when they changed that but it's been in the last 2-3 years I believe. Personally if someone hit me and didn't have insurance I'd sure as hell get the cops on the scene, regardless of their situation ... can't afford it!? Then don't drive .. that simple folks ..

Old 03-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

It was a fender bender. That's why I didn't make a big deal of it. I completely agree with you; if it was MORE then that, I would have done it by the book, but it was literally a fendor bender, but because of the car, the headlight housing alone would cost $200 to $300 for that car. Have you ever priced an import headlight? They are rediculous, especially on a Nissan.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM

Next time watch what you are doing instead of think of the new movie.

Quick Reply: My first Accident