PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......

Especially if you deal with a service department that makes you suspect that you need to do this. Fortunately here in Socal there are quite a few dealers. I think the competition keeps these guys pretty competitive and straight.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 AM

Man, I'm lucky my Service Advisor is a customer of mine!! He goes out of his way making sure I'm HAPPY!!

Dennis Mitchell at Murray's Cheverolet HUMMER in Winnipeg!! In case any HUMMER mucky mucks ever read this!!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 AM
CWS

ORIGINAL: solarflare

This is the only Hummer service department in my state. Sucks, but that is how Hummer does it.....One dealership per northern New England States....same for NH, and Vermont. MA has three, but I've heard about two that are really bad as well.

For the paint dots, I just used some of my old Dodge Ram Daytona touch up paint. It was basically the same color as my H3. Makes it look like it belongs on my truck. I also found that on most of our H3's, at least on mine, that the factory marked the parts with green paint dots. I just put a dot next to every green dot I found on mine......once it dried you couldn't tell the difference!
It's a good idea to do this....at least you know that you are having parts replaced
That's a good idea; one that I'll adopt. Sad commentary that you have to do that to ensure that the work gets done.

Cliff

Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM

i learned the paint-on-parts thing about 5 years ago when i brought my motorcycle to a dealer b/c it wouldn't start. they seemed to be jerking me around for a bit, and said they replaced the starter relay. when i pulled off the seat to check, the service guy got really offended and said "what, you don't believe me?!?". um, no, i don't. i couldn't actually tell if it was new or not - that's when the idea hit me to mark things with a dot of paint.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Solar, every time I have gone to Pape for service they have handled everything wonderfully. I have always dealt with Chris. I walked in the other day, I'm lucky I work a mile away, told them I lost my key, Chris told me it would probably cost 6 bucks. I walked over to the parts guy he said I would need a special key for like 60 bucks because the normal blanks didn't work too well. I told him Chris said 6 bucks so he cut me a normal blank and had me test it. I told him it worked hard the first couple times but then it worked fine. He cut me another one and said on the house have a nice day. Also I dont know if anyone remembers or not but about a year ago I had a post where my wheel fell off. I brought it in to Pape and they thought they would have it ready the next day. Well it needed some parts and had to have a fender painted so it ended up taking a week. They hooked me up with a rental and when I mentioned to Chris that I was thinking of having my grill painted balck and asked him for an estimate he never gave me one. That made me mad but when I got it back he had painted it for me, no charge. After your first ordeal with the steering shaft I took mine in and had it replaced a couple days later. My wife hasn't noticed the clunk since then. I always label my tires when I have them rotated and they always have rotated them. It my help that I'm 6' tall 240 pounds, but they dont know that when I call. Next time your down post a message and I'll go over with you and have your back. 120lbs soaking wet isn't very intimidating.