PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Default My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......

Well, to start off with....I hate to say that a dealership is bad, but I think I hit the jackpot when it comes to the service department. OR it is just the service manager that makes it bad.....Besides you have to take your H3 to the Chevy Dealership to have service performed....The Hummer Dealership doesn't have a service dept.....

The dealership itself is great......! They treat me nice, and talk to me like an equal.......

The reason I say the service department is bad are because of what treatment I have been receiving. Here is the list of things so far:

1) Waited 2 weeks for an appointment to have the lower intermediate shaft replaced. Brought it down there, and I was told that I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about, and then they supposedly installed the new part. On the paperwork I received they said they replaced the Upper Steering Shaft. Upon inspection...NO PARTS were replaced!!!!! I marked them all with a paint dot, before having the repair performed.

2)Had a lube, oil, filter done. Well I thought I did. I asked for Synthetic, they said no prob. I checked my oil when I got back home....dirty and the filter and plug were never moved or changed!

3)Alignment: Looks like they didn't align my H3, but instead undid the screw on the steering shaft and aligned the steering wheel to be straight...now I have a bent bolt in my truck! The alignment sites were not touched......trust me you could tell.

4) Squeaky Belt: It looks like they may have actually got that one right....It doesn't squeak now, but they needed to replace the belt and they didn't have one......hopefully they will have one on Weds.

Thank all of you for letting me vent......!!!!!I think I'm calming down now!

It's just so frustrating when you have to deal with a bunch of Morons!!!! Especially on a 40K + vehicle!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Default RE: My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......

Wow- Whata mess!

Old 03-16-2008, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: solarflare

Well, to start off with....I hate to say that a dealership is bad, but I think I hit the jackpot when it comes to the service department. OR it is just the service manager that makes it bad.....Besides you have to take your H3 to the Chevy Dealership to have service performed....The Hummer Dealership doesn't have a service dept.....

The dealership itself is great......! They treat me nice, and talk to me like an equal.......

The reason I say the service department is bad are because of what treatment I have been receiving. Here is the list of things so far:

1) Waited 2 weeks for an appointment to have the lower intermediate shaft replaced. Brought it down there, and I was told that I was stupid and didn't know what I was talking about, and then they supposedly installed the new part. On the paperwork I received they said they replaced the Upper Steering Shaft. Upon inspection...NO PARTS were replaced!!!!! I marked them all with a paint dot, before having the repair performed.

2)Had a lube, oil, filter done. Well I thought I did. I asked for Synthetic, they said no prob. I checked my oil when I got back home....dirty and the filter and plug were never moved or changed!

3)Alignment: Looks like they didn't align my H3, but instead undid the screw on the steering shaft and aligned the steering wheel to be straight...now I have a bent bolt in my truck! The alignment sites were not touched......trust me you could tell.

4) Squeaky Belt: It looks like they may have actually got that one right....It doesn't squeak now, but they needed to replace the belt and they didn't have one......hopefully they will have one on Weds.

Thank all of you for letting me vent......!!!!!I think I'm calming down now!

It's just so frustrating when you have to deal with a bunch of Morons!!!! Especially on a 40K + vehicle!
You need to document this and send a letter to GM corporate asap so you get taken care of and somebody not as observant as you gets screwed at the same place. GM is pushing to consolidate dealerships right now so they all should be on their best behavior and this level of incompetence is just inexcusable.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

I had a problem similiar to this in 1979 on a brand new Corvette that I had purchased. The power steering kept going out. The Chevy dealer claimed that they replaced everything concerning power steering. This happened 4 times. The last time I did what you did. I marked all of the hoses, PS pump. etc. I was turning out of the dealership when I picked it up the last time and the power steering went out. I pulled back into the dealership, popped the hood and guess what. Not one single part had been touched. I got the service manager out of his office and chewed his a$$. He was a real turd to me until I told him I was calling GM and getting the regional service rep down to the dealership. I was then going to show him how the dealer hadn't touched my car but I was certain had billed GM. I was just certain GM would be interested in getting billed for warranty repairs that weren't done. He changed his tune asap. We had our meeting, the service manager was fired and my car got fixed the next time. It was a bad car but part of the issue was the dealership had a crappy service department.
I would write GM/Hummer and let them know this dealer is charging them for repairs they aren't making and doing a great job of ruining the reputation of their product. Pictures would be nice. They will react.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:44 PM

I had the same problem with the bumper on my H2. They said the one they put on was dinged a bit from shipping, and would have a new one there on Monday.
This was on a Friday that they told me this.Over the weekend, I needed something from my truck. I went to the dealer to see the truck. I saw the very little ding that they were talking about. I felt good because they did not want it to leave like that.

Monday I got the call that the new bumper was on and the truck was done. I picked it up and took it home and looked at the bumper. It was the same bumper that was on there on Saturday. It even still had my fingerprints on it.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:57 PM

Unfortunately stuff like this goes on all the time. Now I have everything documented and will take pics of everything that is done. Every part of my H3 has a paint dot on it now. They can't get away with anything! I'll keep you updated!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Just wanted to say thank you. This thread has brought some great ideas to the table; i.e. putting witness (paint dots) marks on parts to ensure service is done. Just another idea I can apply to my future H3 since I needed to get some paint pens for my patrol rifle(s). Keep up the wealth of knowledge.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:12 PM
CWS

Wow, too bad SF, I take it there's no other dealer close to you ??

Cliff

Old 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Apparently aren't any very close. Even this one is a trip to get to. Fortunately these guys are an aberration. Most dealers are pretty good.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:02 PM

This is the only Hummer service department in my state. Sucks, but that is how Hummer does it.....One dealership per northern New England States....same for NH, and Vermont. MA has three, but I've heard about two that are really bad as well.

For the paint dots, I just used some of my old Dodge Ram Daytona touch up paint. It was basically the same color as my H3. Makes it look like it belongs on my truck. I also found that on most of our H3's, at least on mine, that the factory marked the parts with green paint dots. I just put a dot next to every green dot I found on mine......once it dried you couldn't tell the difference!
It's a good idea to do this....at least you know that you are having parts replaced

Quick Reply: My Dealerhip Service Department is bad......