PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

MY CUSTOM LOWER GRILLE LIGHTS - HOW-TO w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Default MY CUSTOM LOWER GRILLE LIGHTS - HOW-TO w/ pics

I have always wanted the lower grille lights for the H3, but granted they are about $300....I decided to make my own. (pics below)

First, I bought 2 small lights at walmart. I went to lowes, purchased some epoxy and silicone, and 2 small black peices of plastic, from the electrical isle.

I started off first by notching out the holes in the lower grille. Believe it or not, I was able to take the lower grille off without taking off my grille guard and upper grille. It went back on just as easily. Just very carefully using a small screwdriver, popping the grille off of the V-clips.

After notching out the holes on the grille, I used my dremel tool to fit the lights into the black peices of plastic. I used an epoxy and silicone to keep the lights onto the peices of plastic. I had to use the sander on my dremel to get off the paint of the lights so there was a good surface to bond to.

I then cut to fit the peices of plastic to fit onto the lower grille. I then used the same epoxy and silicone to bond the plastic peices to the lower grille. As a safe re-assurance, I also used 2 very tiny screws that are hardly noticable.

I then painted the entire peice and reinstalled. Here are some pics - I think they turned our nice....and not bad for a total of $36 worth of stuff.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned
Default ill do it!

hey jeff,a pix is worth 2000 words!
i looked at those lites a while ago trying to figger somthin for the triangle bumper holes,didnt do it. id like to see more of those lites on yours.
meantime im doin the little ones.

i like yours,i goin to w m to grab a set and have some fun,,NICE!

Last edited by drtom; 01-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:47 AM

looks awesome nice job

Old 02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned
Default still want to do!

Believe it or not, I was able to take the lower grille off without taking off my grille guard and upper grille. It went back on
its been too cold to do much but just how is that grill removed? nothing wants to move much on my 10?