PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My Baby (new guy)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Eugov
I like your bumper, you took off the mirror 'HUMMER' decal. I've been thinking about doing the same but I wasn't sure! I'm also new to the forum.
Yeah, I hated those stickers, so I just pulled them off. I'm actually contemplating rhyno-lining the rear bumper as well.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM

It's beautiful. Here's a question: Rust! You've had to prevent and address ten years accumulation in your 03. I'm about to start doing the same with my 06. What's worked for you? Thanks!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 AM

Nice rig. Looks really sharp....

Old 02-15-2013, 08:02 AM

RPALATINE: On the rust issue. I have an 2004 with about 80K on the clock. I have owned it since 2008 and specifically looked at the under carriage when purchasing it. If it was clean, I figured the sheetmetal would be good too. It seemed like nearly all the Hummers from back east had a ton of chassis rust, even some places where it had bubbled under the paint (passenger side, back corner of rear wheel well). The real only way to avoid rust, it to prevent it, by clearing all mud / dirt build up between body panels and clearing all body/door drain holed (think 1972 Ford F-100 pick up boxes). The dirt builds up between the panels and it gets wet, holding moisture against the metal. Once it takes hold, its tough to get rid of without extensive resurfacing or replacement body work. Simply painting it with rattle can paint only covers the problem. At least you can be assured the hood will never rust! Good Luck!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Zombie01
RPALATINE: On the rust issue. I have an 2004 with about 80K on the clock. I have owned it since 2008 and specifically looked at the under carriage when purchasing it. If it was clean, I figured the sheetmetal would be good too. It seemed like nearly all the Hummers from back east had a ton of chassis rust, even some places where it had bubbled under the paint (passenger side, back corner of rear wheel well). The real only way to avoid rust, it to prevent it, by clearing all mud / dirt build up between body panels and clearing all body/door drain holed (think 1972 Ford F-100 pick up boxes). The dirt builds up between the panels and it gets wet, holding moisture against the metal. Once it takes hold, its tough to get rid of without extensive resurfacing or replacement body work. Simply painting it with rattle can paint only covers the problem. At least you can be assured the hood will never rust! Good Luck!
Great info. I've used the old rattle can here and there, but I'm in south Texas (not around the coast), so rust isn't a huge issue.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 AM

New member..your rear tailight..is that one of those blackout cover or is that blackout sprayed..nice ride

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Allterrainblue07
New member..your rear tailight..is that one of those blackout cover or is that blackout sprayed..nice ride
They are vinyl. Easy to put on and remove (cops in TX like to have a reason to pull u over). I also have the headlights and fogs covered. Cool thing is I paid $29 each for the front and back set, and got a $20 rebate for each for sending the company I bought them from a pic.

Attached Thumbnails My Baby (new guy)-image.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM

Where are u in TX? Just saw that.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SAH2
Where are u in TX? Just saw that.

Salado, 12 miles from Fort Hood. We have a lot of Hummer owners, mostly H3s and H2s, here and the surrounding areas, Killeen, Copperas Cove, Temple, etc...unfortunately as much Hummer owners we have here we don't have gatherings here like some of the other car owners, Cameros, Corvettes, etc...these owners seem to partake in gatherings except for us.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Salado, 12 miles from Fort Hood. We have a lot of Hummer owners, mostly H3s and H2s, here and the surrounding areas, Killeen, Copperas Cove, Temple, etc...unfortunately as much Hummer owners we have here we don't have gatherings here like some of the other car owners, Cameros, Corvettes, etc...these owners seem to partake in gatherings except for us.
I know exactly where u r. If u cant tell, Im down in San Antonio

Quick Reply: My Baby (new guy)