PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My baby got sick Monday night

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Default My baby got sick Monday night

I was driving to my girlfriend's house, I was about 10 minutes from mine. I took off from the light and it didn't want to perform. It started sputtering, dragging, and almost shut off, then the check engine light came on.

I pulled into a parking lot and it didn't shut off, so I took it home. On the way I called Onstar and had them run a diagnostic. They said it was an emissions problem.

Just in case it was due to the true flow air intake, I took it off and put the factory intake back on (didn't want to void the warranty), and called the dealer. I drove it around a little and it ran fine and the check engine light went off.
On my way to the grocery store Tuesday morning the light came on again, but it ran fine.
The dealer came to get it Tuesday afternoon, checked it out, and it was the #3 fuel injector. They tried to clean it but it didn't work and they had to replace it.
The dealer said they used to have problems with the fuel injectors getting clogged but it normally doesn't happen this early in the vechicle's life. It's an 07 H3, I got it last July.
I picked it up this evening and all is well.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Default RE: My baby got sick Monday night

Glad it wasn't serious!!!!

Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 AM

i was gona say it schould not be the true flow.i have it on my 06 h3 with a k&n filter and runs great every since i had it which is 7 months now.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:33 AM

Mine did the same thing!! However, they told me it was something to do with theprogram in the PCM?? Still get an issue every once and again, but nothing like the first time.

Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

I was driving to my girlfriend's house, I was about 10 minutes from mine. I took off from the light and it didn't want to perform. It started sputtering, dragging, and almost shut off, then the check engine light came on.

I pulled into a parking lot and it didn't shut off, so I took it home. On the way I called Onstar and had them run a diagnostic. They said it was an emissions problem.

Just in case it was due to the true flow air intake, I took it off and put the factory intake back on (didn't want to void the warranty), and called the dealer. I drove it around a little and it ran fine and the check engine light went off.
On my way to the grocery store Tuesday morning the light came on again, but it ran fine.
The dealer came to get it Tuesday afternoon, checked it out, and it was the #3 fuel injector. They tried to clean it but it didn't work and they had to replace it.
The dealer said they used to have problems with the fuel injectors getting clogged but it normally doesn't happen this early in the vechicle's life. It's an 07 H3, I got it last July.
I picked it up this evening and all is well.
TrueFlow makes a nice intake, closed system. A closed system should never be the culpret of a problem unless there is a leak because of a failed clamp or coupler.

Just out of curiousity....what kind of gas have you been running thru that gem? I know they say gas is gas, but IMO there is some real crap out there.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

TrueFlow makes a nice intake, closed system. A closed system should never be the culpret of a problem unless there is a leak because of a failed clamp or coupler.

Just out of curiousity....what kind of gas have you been running thru that gem? I know they say gas is gas, but IMO there is some real crap out there.
I usually use Sunoco, sometimes I use Speedway, and sometimes Getgo.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:56 PM

only put in shell or bp gas if u want the best for your hummer and dont want any issues down the road.many times in the past with my other rides i put in cheaper gas and always ended up needeing the fuel system flushed out due to it.stay away from clark,speedway,citgo,mobil and any cheap brands, my wife put in mobil cause she was real low and put a few gallons in just to get her going and next thing u no the car craped out.got towed to the dealer and we got a $1200 bill and was told it was bad gas and they told us to go to the station and we did and they gave us the number to call and with in 3 days they had a check for me for $1200 to come pick up so make sure u keep the reciepts cause with out it u get nothing.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: lucky19942001

only put in shell or bp gas if u want the best for your hummer and dont want any issues down the road.many times in the past with my other rides i put in cheaper gas and always ended up needeing the fuel system flushed out due to it.stay away from clark,speedway,citgo,mobil and any cheap brands, my wife put in mobil cause she was real low and put a few gallons in just to get her going and next thing u no the car craped out.got towed to the dealer and we got a $1200 bill and was told it was bad gas and they told us to go to the station and we did and they gave us the number to call and with in 3 days they had a check for me for $1200 to come pick up so make sure u keep the reciepts cause with out it u get nothing.
I've been thinking about this and yes there are differences in gasoline based on the additives the companies add to their gas. I wasn't really thinking about that especially with gas over $4/gallon.

I found this website and a list of "top tier gasoline". I've also read that some top tier gas is also sold at outlets such as costco and safeway. So some of the so called lower end places actually do sell top tier gasoline.

BP is not on the list, neither is Sunoco except Sunoco Canada.

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline. In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards. Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards.The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below. TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers: QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

Old 09-27-2008, 03:11 AM

WooHoo.....Petro-Canada.....The ONLY place I fill up!!!