PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My "attempted" H3 purchase experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Default RE: My "attempted" H3 purchase experience

ORIGINAL: OingoBoingo
Does anyone made a good quality vehicle anymore?
It's all relative. In that context, my H3 is doing just fine.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: James Coker

Hey, this might not be the thing to do here, but give me a call I am in Houston and I can help you out. Sorry if this breaks any of the rules.

832 731 2197
Looks to me like someone is trying to earn your business. Have you given him a try?

Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 PM

I had the same problem in the Denver area. So, I drove to Oklahoma City and bought my H2 there. Bob Moore - check them out. Dallas area also has a decent dealer, Sewell in Grapevine. I don't put up with dealer crap, I just give my business to whoever appreciates it. We still have choices!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 AM

I have had nothing but great service from Bachman Hummer in Louisville. Love my '08 Alpha. Awesome truck.

If I had your problem, I'd buy from one of the dealers in another city with a rep for great deals and service and let them deliver it to you. I've done that before.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:15 PM

Sorry to hear about all your troubles in trying to buy a new H3, I can understand how frustrating it would be to get no support from the dealership, but if you have to head out of town to buy from another dealership in my opinion it would be worth it, my 08 Alpha is awesome, I have no regrets in buying this vehicle.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 PM

Here is an update...I went to see James Coker, the Beck and Masten Sales Rep. who replied to me in this forum.
Not only did James answer all my questions over the phone shortly after I called him, but was able to accomplish in 3 hours what the "other" Hummer dealer could not...or would not, and what took Toyota 3 weeks and counting to still not do!
The financing guy was great too, he was fast, fair, and efficient..unlike Toyota....

That is...sell me a vehicle at a great price, with all the rebates, and even one rebate I didnt know about, discounted the price additionally, but more importantly...he LISTENED to my concerns and issues.
Rather thantreat me like the other 3 dealers (Toyota and Hummer), who insisted the banks "needed" an additional 1-4K down payment, James and his dealership got me financing with the exact down payment I requested and still gave a great price and trade.

James know his stuff, and owns 2 Hummer H3's, and is not one of those sales reps that use century old sales pitches and **** you off.
He just GETS the JOB DONE, and doesnot disrespect you as some dealers do. Some of these dealers feel that because you are buying a Hummer, there is no room for financial issues, or price negotiations....

On the contrary, James and his dealership "listen to you", in fact...I had told James I was calling him to let him know my situation and that if he felt he could not work with me, well then let me know so I dont waste his time.
James told me no matter what happens, I woould not be wasting his time, and to come in....this was unlike another dealers sales rep. who whined about taking too much of his time! LOL!

Also, everyone at the dealer ship is friendly and helpful, and the customers all seem happy.
I had a nice talk with a guy who was talking delivery of an H3, while I was waiting for my financing, and he had nothing but accolades for his Sales rep too.
Other sales people who knew I was working with someone else, still took the time to talk and asked me if I had any questions.

There was alot of customized Hummers at the dealership, which really get your blood pumping and thinking of your own mods or maybe even purchasing these other customized vehicles.

I was also surprised to see that these customized vehicles were even priced to the point where the average buyer might want to consider them...I know I did! LOL!

In all James is a great guy to work with, and I highly recommend him and his dealership.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Sooooooo.....what did'ya get?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 PM

I got a 08 Victory Red H3 with the Adventure Package.
Only things I wish it had were the side boards, rear camera, mud flaps, and wheel locks...
I will get them in good time though...now that I am broke!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:27 PM

We had a bad experience at the Cadillac Dealer in DC(formerly a Hummer dealer). We went and looked at/test drove a used 08, and after 2 hours of "the Cadillac experience", the used car manager finally came in when we began throwing numbers around. I told him up front we're way off where I wanted to be for this car. He let us walk! Luckily, we didn't buy it anyway, because the CARFAX stated it was a rental in Hawaii prior to being shipped to DC!
I was just suprised that he let us go.
Either way, we got the color we wanted, lower mileage, and the luxury package elsewhere. Oh, and at MY price, not the dealers!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 PM

funny funny Black_Impala...Well I dont live in TX and went to two different dealerships looking for my bby...the first dealer was like...yeah your a girl..its cute so buy it. The actual Hummer dealership went through everything with me...engine (not that i know what that crap means but hey), how the 4 wheel drive works...got my financing done and squared away same day. I love love love my h3!!!! My hubby and I have evn talked about if gm gets rid of the line buying another b/c we both love the one we have so much!!! Of course if they dont get rid of the line I will buy one in a couple years anyway.