PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My "attempted" H3 purchase experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Default RE: My "attempted" H3 purchase experience

ORIGINAL: outnabout

I've had my H3 since September 05 with 50,000 miles and it's a fine vehicle. There are some rattles that don't seem to go away no matter what the dealer does. I've heard that the FJ also has some problems, so I'm not sure if there really is a difference there. The H3 will however be my last american-made vehiclebecause I can't stomach a company that begs for my tax money becuase of poor decisions they've made.
Did you know that Toyota and Honda both recieved some money from the Japanese Government. Some bad decisions were made, but most of them were from the greedy banks buying bad mortgages causeing the credit crisis. THe credit crisis is what brought the automotive industry to its knees. that is why every company including Toyota lost at least 30% of sales in 2008 compared to 2007.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM

DeMontrond Hummer sucks
there a bunch ********

Old 01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

FJs suffer from FRAME CRACKING NOT covered by warranty. Little different than some rattles!

The "Bad decision" happened when Bush and his boys double the price of oil last summer because they knew his sorry azz was on the way out and they would not get another better chance to gouge the crap out of John Q consumer. Did anybody see that coming???

BTW.... the two best selling vehicles in N America for 2008......1) Ford F150; and, 2) the Chevy/GMC Pickup.

Reality check: NOTHING is selling! Not refrigerators, washmachines, flat screen TV's, cars, trucks, RVs, boats you name it. WTF does that have to do with some bad decisions by US auto makers???? Like my brud leasedh3alpha said, bad mortgagesby greedy banks and investors is the biggest cause of the problem right now. You know, .... the same greedy bastiges that would not loan the big three any $$, and are foreclosing on your neighbor's house, while their CEOs are fishing off the Florida keys at a seminar paid for by all of us.

I think the bad decisions have been made by selfish little whiners buying foreign crap every chance they get cuz they think they can savea fewbucks, and now they are freeking cause they are either out of work, or soon to be possibly laid off. Having fun now Yota workers??? The sky is falling.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: OingoBoingo

Houston Texas...

Three Dealerships are:
Spring Crysler Dodge = F
DeMontrond Hummer = D
Fred Haas Toyota = A
Wow! That's funny, I actually dealt with Fred Haas Toyota and DeMontrond Hummer. I started off at Toyota where I was considering a 08 4Runner Sport Edition. They actually let me keep the truck for a whole week. During that time I would constantly call the salesman asking what was the status on my deal. One day the guy handelling the finance wasn't there, the next day the salesman took 2 days off. So pretty much they just gave me the keys to a brand new truck and forgot about me. During this time I stopped by Demontrond Hummer. A salesman by the name of Chris came out and greeted me. He was VERY well informed on the in's & out's of the H3. He knew everything from the towing capacity to the crawl ratio. I mean everything! I was very impressed. After that he took me out back and we went on the obstacle course. During that time he told me abouthow no other SUV could do some of the things the H3 could. THEN after that he offered to drive the 4Runner back to Toyota if I purchased the H3. Well to make a long story short.......I bought an 08 H3 Alpha and have been ever since. PLUS he even called a couple times after I purchased the H3 to see how things were going. Top notch service in my book

Old 01-15-2009, 05:28 PM

I agree Doc. But if the import dealerships offered BJ's I would at least "look". Maybe once a week.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:07 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: OingoBoingo

I will start at the end of my story and say I ended up getting and liking my 2007 H3.
Although my experience was not as disappointing as yours, my experience
was more like I was buying a vehicle from the three stooges.
Sadly, my typing skills are not as good as yours, so I cannot go into every detail.
But suffice it to say, GM really needs help and professional people.
During my ready to buy mode, I got the run around so much, I started looking for hidden cameras.
I was absolutely convinced I was on some sort of "punked" show.
The salesman and manager were not answering questions and always seemed to need to call someone else
to do everything, I asked of them. There was one occasion where the salesman got up after each question
to check with his manager. None of this was involving talking about the price of the vehicle.
I asked my salesman if he ever saw the movie "Fargo" ? The car salesman in that movie could easliy
get a job at this Putnam GM/ Hummer dealer in CA.
After my purchase and pick up of my ordered truck, the salesman asked me if there were any concerns
or problems, don't hesitate to call. I asked him if that were some kind of joke? He didn't get it
I then told him, please don't send me any kind of survey, you really wouldn't want to read what I'd write !

Two years and truck runs great. I guess they got the last laugh

Old 01-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Black_Impala

I agree Doc. But if the import dealerships offered BJ's I would at least "look". Maybe once a week.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif] [sm=lol.gif] Too funny!

Old 01-16-2009, 09:16 AM

Doc, the cracks in the FJ are not in the frame, its in the stupid plastic crap they put around the engine compartment and fenders, but cracks none the less.

FJ seems to be about the best choice after Hummer...but unless Hummer starts direct marketing them to customers, the crappy GM sales people will send us all running.

I always felt good vehicles sell themselves...too bad crappy salespeople undermine this ability.

Oh yeah Planet Ford gets an F for the sales lady who tried sales tactics so old and well known, even "Junior Samples" stopped using them on his used car lot in cornfield county in 1975!

I walked out after the switch and bait on a rebate, that after 3 hours of discussing ONLY came to light it was on Ford financing ONLY....and after I filled out loan application.

To Demontrons credit....they tried...no salespeople...so they recruited one from another lot...better than nothing which is what I got on my first visit after looking at vehicles for 2 hours and was then ready to buy.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, the cracks I am referring to ARE in the front unibody type frame, metal not plastic. Of course their cheap plastic cracks too. There are several pictures on this forum if you want to search them out. Check out the FJ forums, there are 100s of posts on the frame cracks.

Here is a snack. Note the breaks in the blue...painted metal.

Name:  FJCrack.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  65.3 KB

BOTH sides, all the way to the top, not just one. [&o]

Name:  FJCracks.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  81.4 KB

Old 01-16-2009, 10:22 AM

Thanks Doc!
Geez!
Does anyone made a good quality vehicle anymore?
Maybe I will just keep my car....V-8 Muscle Car Retro...got 29MPG this mornin!

Quick Reply: My "attempted" H3 purchase experience