PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Murdered out transformation

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:10 PM

It's all good, I was just teasing you!

I'm out of Puyallup, WA. I'll keep you in mind. I just bought the think so I'm looking over options and considering different ideas.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by cprusik

PS - If anyone wants some black rims I can have my original ones powder coated and shipped to you pretty cheap

BEFORE AND AFTER
I'm looking for some factory 16's. What kind of price for your powdercoated rims to 70072?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:14 PM

Murdered out is over-rated. My mirrors were faded to almost gray, I decided to Dupli-Color bed line them. I ended up doing the brush guard, headlight reflectors, hood louver, and tail-light guards to match. Now I just have the roof rails/windshield pillars, rocker panels, and sliders left.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:43 AM

airborne what was the temp out when you did the duplicolor? I had to redo mine cause I didnt go ballz out w/ the prep on it...

Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
airborne what was the temp out when you did the duplicolor? I had to redo mine cause I didnt go ballz out w/ the prep on it...
It was between 75-80 degrees...but living in Louisiana, no telling what the humidity was those days. The only prep that I did was use green scratch pad, and laquer thinner as a wax remover both before and after using scratch pad.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 AM

I did the same, scuffed and even did an adhesion promoter followed by bedliner than a couple coats of clear... But it was 60-65degrees out and dropped into the 40s overnight... It got really brittle and flaked off on the highway

Now trying it again w/ drying/ curing indoors and hitting it w/ krylon for plastic first to give it something better to bond too...

Fingers crossed

Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 PM

Looks good!

Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Looks good.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by cprusik
Bought a bone stock H3 back in July and didnt plan on changing anything until I found the tactical editions on here and couldnt resist transforming it. Bought a set of tactical edition wheels I found in the for sale threads on here, than scuffed and painted my grille and side markers flat black, added the brush guard and tinted windows and this is what came out. Couldn't be happier

PS - If anyone wants some black rims I can have my original ones powder coated and shipped to you pretty cheap

BEFORE AND AFTER
cprusik how does your grill look now? I want to paint my grill black too but am afraid of it chipping or peeling- expecially in the 120 degree texas weather. any pointers on how to do it? I'm fairly inexperienced in DIY projects but willing to try!
I have a black h3 with black rims, and a black grill is missing!!

Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Let's see some pictures of your H3, ROXRN.

Quick Reply: Murdered out transformation