PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

multi cylinder misfie: 07 H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AR15wheeler
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water! Bad head? Intermitten coils? Spark plug wires? I wouldn't jump to engine swap so quickly. And if you must, shouldn't it be a 5.3L V8?
Checked the coils, coils are good. Changed the plugs and it seems to run fine now. No CEL either. Im still debating on what I should do when the time comes that something needs to be done. The compression issue scares me as Ive heard alot of bad about this motor, more so about the 3.5 tho.
Originally Posted by CurtisP87
Dont quote me, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that swapping in the V8 is outrageously expensive, and wouldn't make much sense. You could sell your H3 and then buy an alpha, and end up spending a fraction what it would cost to swap in a V8. If you don't need/want the V8 that much, then maybe try to find a newer 3.7 that would swap in relatively easily.

However, I'd be focused on finding the problem with your engine before considering a swap. It could be something *fairly* painless to fix.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.
From everyone that I have talked to about the compression issue, they are saying it sounds like it needs a valve job. However, the truck is running great now after changing the plugs. Ive driven it the past 3 days with no problems now. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
May I suggest DRIVING it.

No need to get paranoid because a CEL popped up leading to a plug change. Yes your compression on #1 is weak, but maybe you need to do a recheck?

I bet you did or had the CT when the motor was cold, yes?
I did a CT on cold and warm engine temps. Changed plugs and seems to be doing good so far. Just looking ahead into the future as to what I will do.