PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

mud, sand, snow, TCS, TC2, drive by wire, lockers and the H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Default RE: mud, sand, snow, TCS, TC2, drive by wire, lockers and the H2

hummers brochures/manuals/promo lit/mag articles do clearly teach that TC2 is to be used for applications like the above (snow, mud).They built it and have to fix it if it breaks, so i tend to think like ZYNE and assume they know quite a bit about it. But i would avoid engaging TC2 or TC-OFF when the first TCS is activated, and i would simply accept getting stuck before risking that kind of shock to the truck (truck is restrained by brakes, all of a sudden is unrestrained and then i can totally see a KABOOM!).

Just the other day i nearly, very nearly, got stuck in the mud because i went in with normal TCS and in my truck that quickly brings things to a halt as you just can't generate enough wheel spin to churn your way through. You guys know the feeling of being in mud with a pickup and sensing you are losing it, then dropping the hammer, and the truck sort of hops up and gets going? That doesn't happen in my truck with normal TCS active, as wheelspin is just too tightly controlled. But with TC2 or TC-OFF it does really pretty good in the slop.

My normal mud-bogging habits have been TC2 or TC-OFF, low-range, 2nd gear, and alot of throttle. And i've done it alot and never had any problems.

I did blow a drive shaft once when a spinning tire suddenly caught really good traction (and man did it ever blow! [:@]).

Also, not for Zyne or shortie, but just for whoever might browse this thread in case i wasn't clear above, normal TCS is better (way better) than TC2 or shutting off the TCS unless you are in a situation (like deep snow or mud) where none of the tires have any real traction. The normal TCS does better in situations where some tires have traction than TC2.

Finally, if you modify your truck to have a TC deactivate feature, i recommend asking your dealer about it and consulting any local laws that may not allow you to fiddle with safety features (anti-lock brakes) of your truck.