PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mud blocking radiator

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Default Mud blocking radiator

I use my H1 for mostly mud. That's a we have down her in Columbus Ga. Now this has happened once in the past and I thought it was possible from the previous owner. But I happened again to me last week. After a full day out at Mudders park in Alabama, my radiator and cooling pack were packed full with mud. I took me almost an hour and a half to go the 15 miles back to my house because the truck was over heating. The cooling fins in all three parts of the cooling pack were completely plugged up with mud. Obviously this is because of the fact that they lay back instead of vertical like a normal vehicle. Has anyone else had this chronic problem? Does anyone think that a radiator inlet scoop for the hood would help or hinder this problem. I was thinking that maybe the scoop would reduce the amount of mud that fell back into the radiator. When I go mudding at these mud parks, I am normally not getting much deeper then the floor boards in mud and water. But there are some holes I play I where the water is up to the tops of the seat cushions since I have the doors off for the summer. Thought, suggestions, insight?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

I don't go mudding much because I hate the cleanup. With the stack right up front it will get clogged and run hot when you play in the mud. Don't think the hood scoop would help all that much. Is there a place to wash out the stack before you leave the park? It is much easier to clean before the mud dries.