PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

To Much Sway

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:42 PM

Also depending on how high you went with the T bar adjustment you will definitely have swaying at higher speeds, before I did a thread search I adjusted my t bars to 25 inches and yikes, then I readjusted them to 23 1/2 then after a week got the front end alignment after I installed a taller shock, and no more bouncie or swaying, also the stock shocks would have worked just fine according to the dealership, but I get headaches easily and didn't really want to deal with anymore bouncing

Old 10-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Has anyone installed the Predator Performance Sway Bar Kit? If so, did it make a difference?

Rick

Old 10-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Banned
Default How to update in-dash Car GPS dvd navigation!

Whenever the buyer purchases a new car or vehicle, they often can not wait to add more features to Car itself, making it more valuable and multi-functional. You can find that such kind of updating of accessories may include the Car GPS, the high-quality stereo system. Get started with the GPS DVD Navigation on the road helps you find your way to your destination with a connected GPS receiver. Of course, it does not transmit your location. Other people do not keep track of you. Arriving at the unfamiliar territory with the voice guidance giving you the exact instruction, you can really ease yourself. Generally speaking, the map updates for the car GPS launch on the market once a year. Map are available from the online store.
1.Go the online store like oemcargps and click “GPS Maps”. In the menu, you can find IGO8 GPS Map, PolNav GPS Map, Route66 GPS Map. Choose the one which is the most suitable for you need in accordance with the configurations of the vehicles, like the productions year, the model etc.
2.After the registration of the online store, you can add the product to the cart, then “Checkout”. Make sure that all the details are clear to you and you are familiar with the billing and shipping information.
3.Turn on the engine of the vehicles and in-dash Car DVD GPS Navigation. Eject the map disc , when you find there is one. After that, you should insert the new disc for the map into the disc drive.
4.After the above process, you can update the map in the Car gps just according to the manuals coming with the map. It is quite simple. It is somewhat like updating the software in your own computer.
5.Wait until the update finishes. Eject the disc from the disc driver.
Hope that the above information is useful for you.OEM car gps

Old 07-18-2013, 04:44 PM

I have the same sway problem. At 70 on the highway, the vehicle sways due to changes in the road (while driving in a straight line) terribly from left to right (roll). It's very noticeable from other vehicles on the road and quite embarrassing to tell you the truth. I just put on new Bilsteins two weeks ago and no change. It's actually still getting worse. I have an Adventure series with 3/4 worn Cooper 35s with 46psi and an inch or two torsion bar lift, just to level out the front. The vehicle has 125k on it and rarely sees heavy off road travel. No clunking or vibration. I feel like I'm in a rocking chair that goes side to side Lol

What should I change out next?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:23 AM

SculptorMJM, first thing I would look at is your front bump stop gap. Did you put extended bump stops in when you did the torsion bar crank? If there is a big gap between your bump stops and the a-arm - you will get body roll and bounce and front end diving under braking (you will get some front end dive anyway, but it will be worse with a big bump stop gap). Things that reduced the body roll on my H3: new shocks (Bilstein up front and rancho 9000 rear), and a Hellwig rear sway bar kit. I did them in that order - shocks first - reduced body roll, then the hellwig sway bar - further reduced body roll - to the point that I am happy with the small amount of body roll my h3 has now - very minor compared to what it was before.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 AM

Thanks CE. I did not change out the stops. And I did see the rear sway bar kit for sale but didn't know if I needed the entire kit, or just new bushings, or something in the front.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:50 AM

The hellwig kit has the rear sway bar and 4 new poly bushings - two for the front and two for the rear. Well worth the $ in my opinion. I guess it is possible that your sway bar bushings are bad, or some other bushings have had it.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SculptorMJM
I have the same sway problem. At 70 on the highway, the vehicle sways due to changes in the road (while driving in a straight line) terribly from left to right (roll). It's very noticeable from other vehicles on the road and quite embarrassing to tell you the truth. I just put on new Bilsteins two weeks ago and no change. It's actually still getting worse. I have an Adventure series with 3/4 worn Cooper 35s with 46psi and an inch or two torsion bar lift, just to level out the front. The vehicle has 125k on it and rarely sees heavy off road travel. No clunking or vibration. I feel like I'm in a rocking chair that goes side to side Lol

What should I change out next?
1) This thread is OLD!;
2) You have too much air pressure in your tires;
3) Where you say "and an inch or two torsion bar lift, just to level out the front" tells me you likely did not measure properly and over did the T Bar adjustment.

#3 is the most common problem. More is not betterer. Soon as you go even a tiny bit too far, road wander creeps right in. Seen it many times over.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chrome_eater
SculptorMJM, first thing I would look at is your front bump stop gap. Did you put extended bump stops in when you did the torsion bar crank? If there is a big gap between your bump stops and the a-arm - you will get body roll and bounce and front end diving under braking (you will get some front end dive anyway, but it will be worse with a big bump stop gap). Things that reduced the body roll on my H3: new shocks (Bilstein up front and rancho 9000 rear), and a Hellwig rear sway bar kit. I did them in that order - shocks first - reduced body roll, then the hellwig sway bar - further reduced body roll - to the point that I am happy with the small amount of body roll my h3 has now - very minor compared to what it was before.
Been running my H3 for 5 years with the proper T Bar adjustment, BA Winch Bumber, stock bump stops and Adventure shocks. Never had an issue with sway or roll. I'll take more travel over constant bump stop contact every time.

Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 PM

Agreed, everything that doc said, with that much pressure in those tires you are going to have a nice bald spot pretty quick around the middle of the tread that touches the road.

Quick Reply: To Much Sway