PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

To much to pay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Default RE: To much to pay?

Should I talk to the used car manager or the sales manager? When my wife leased her H3 this is the same salesmen that she delt with and he was great seems like he didn't even want to bother asking anyone if that price could be had. Bflorin if I can ask seeing that you are in MI as am I which dealer did you go with?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 AM

My experience is if a sales man isn't going to get his cut, not going to make the effort to sell. I'd just call the dealership and ask who has the final authority to accept offers. Cut the sales man out, probably at the price your wanting. I waited a week after my offeres were placed, ended up going w/ a dealer in Cincanatti Ohio since it was the best price. Biggest thing is, there are thousands of these trucks out there for sale, dont get a bug in your *** for a quick buy...You can damn near find the exact same/similar truck at many other places, probably cheaper...Check out the auto traders, ebay, etc.. Mine was on ebay, and the dealer dropped the price to my offer and I did the buy it now.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:58 AM

I have begun looking all over the country really to see what is out there. Your right I need to avoid the "bug in my ***" and simply find the best deal out there for me. I am just always kind of worried about buying from a dealer that is a couple of hundred miles away because of the "what if" factor. Like what if the truck is a complete POS when I get there, then I have made the trip for nothing. Buying over ebay is a standing contract correct? Thus I would have to buy the truck no matter what or am I wrong on that? Another question that I will also throw out there is are there any major "upgrades" or changes that were made from the '03-'04 to '05? Wondering if I can open up the search to '03 and '04's along with '05. Thanks again for the input guys.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:27 AM

I got my 04 a year ago this month. Had 25000 miles on it, and a ton of aftermarket stuff on it. My offer was 28G...prices really didn't start to drop untill this last june/july. I'd search 04 and newer, under 30,000 miles. I've seen 05 and 06's go for 21G in the last couple months.Toget agood idea of what the market is like- do a completed item search on ebay. It will show you thecompleted auctionprices of h2's for the last couple months.

Ebay is a binding contract, my seller listed mine as mint/showroom and it was. There are services that will look at a vehicle for you at a reasonable price. If something looks to good to be true, it probably is, just use common sence.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:36 PM

I think the delivery may put you out of rande but we just came across an 05 H2 slate blue color with lux package. It has 45k on it and the chrome options, nav, dvd's, roof, remote start etc. Very clean and runs great it is an exact twin of my wifes H2. Theycanlet it go for 23800.00 you take care of taxes etc.
I do not have any pictures of it but can maybe get some this Tuesday, I am going up to Mass to pick it upon Tuesday and bring it back to my house garage. I will have it next to the other 2 Hummers for a least a week or new year. Clean title and car fax already in his hand and it will go thru a full service by the shop. If it does not go by the New Year it is going over seas for sure most likely Ireland.
I am not a dealer I just have access to the auctions and buy and sell all types of cars as a hobby. Socontact me anyitme if I can help or if this is something that catches you eye.

Thankyouand good luck

Old 12-21-2008, 11:18 PM

Brrmo777, thanks for the offer. The thing is that your price is where the dealer is for black on black which is what I like. I am open to other colors but for the same amount I would go with black. I think I have found a 2005 with 43K on it for $21,000 but I am still working on it. I was going to call the sales manager at the dealer and make sure that he gets my offer on the local one. I also have a lot of other offers to other dealers for H2s they have on the lot. I hope something comes thru. But again thanks for the offer.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Well as an update it looks like there is a complete race to buy H2s because I can not find a dealer that is willing to move an inch on the price! All the dealers claim that they have NEVER let a H2 go for under $24k. The one I found for $21,000 only worries me because it is about 300 miles away and it is being sold on a "used car" lot. I have just always heard bad things about the corner used car place and would really hate to waste a trip that far to get there and it be a complete POS.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM

You will find one for sure they are selling a bit faster at the auctions now for some reason. I did pick up the one toady and just got home with it. It is very nice and clean as canbe I droveit about 400 miles today with not one issue at all. I think it may have an exhaust on it but will find out tomorrow when I get it on the lift. It also has a back up camera on it that is hooked to the factory nav unit.

I hate going up to this place I got it from cause I now also own 2 more Corvette's that were bank repos also. I will get them after the new year. So it look like I need to make some room for them now my wife is going to kill me when she finds out.

So hang on do not rush into one they are out their but it may take a little to find the right deal.

Old 12-23-2008, 09:44 PM

If you are satisfied with the car go ahead and negotiate. Normally I would start at 80%-85% of asking price, assuming it is comparable to other H2s on the market. I just got mine, 2004 Pewter H2 Luxury package, Air suspension, and tons of chrome with 13,500 miles for 22.5K. He was asking $26K, I offered 22.5 and he accepted immediately. Use the current down market for SUVs to your advantage.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:31 AM

I started at 85% of the asking price, asking $23,988 offered $20,500. I was told no way that $23,988 was the only way it was going. I even emailed the sales manager at the dealer and got nowhere on the offer. I have no idea how to find out about auctions for bank repos because if I did I would go there and try to find one. Most dealers seem to only want to move like $500 IF THAT which I think is crazy.

Quick Reply: To much to pay?