PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mounted my LED light bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
I like that flood light look(pic 2). It appears your pic 2 (more flood, more light closer to the rig) & pic 3(more spot, more light away from the rig)are set at different angles.. Adjust the bar in pic 2 upwards, however you have to be concerned with blinding oncoming traffic.
It would be cool if there was a bar that had 2 swivel points. Down on the left & right(to avoid blinding oncoming traffic), and up on the center to send that light beam farther down the road.
Other than that, multiple lights to make everything right.

Pics 1 & 2 is taking from inside of my truck, and pic 3 was taken inside my RZR they was parked 3 to 4 ft from each other, so that is the reason its to the left some, but all pics was taking directly behind the light source. also the light bar on the truck, I moved it several times when it was turned on for the best results, and honestly moving it the little amount I did didn't seem to have much effect on it surprisingly. I'm thinking about building a bracket like the jeeps where they come up your posts but I'm looking into it.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM

With the LED mounted so far farward u'll probably get alot of glare from them, esp with the Flood light setup. However, the brackets U have look great, I have mine mounted on the cross rails, zero glare on my hood, I dont like it much where it is but it allows me to get fully functionality, and makes my truck look taller from the back/front.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by jralford1
Pics 1 & 2 is taking from inside of my truck, and pic 3 was taken inside my RZR they was parked 3 to 4 ft from each other, so that is the reason its to the left some, but all pics was taking directly behind the light source. also the light bar on the truck, I moved it several times when it was turned on for the best results, and honestly moving it the little amount I did didn't seem to have much effect on it surprisingly. I'm thinking about building a bracket like the jeeps where they come up your posts but I'm looking into it.

RZR? Sweet! do you have a LED bar on your RZR also? Here's a pic of mine from three weeks ago in WV

Attached Thumbnails Mounted my LED light bar-2014-02-15_14-20-25_393.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by kramcard6
RZR? Sweet! do you have a LED bar on your RZR also? Here's a pic of mine from three weeks ago in WV
Here is a pic of mine, you have a pretty sweet RZR btw

Attached Thumbnails Mounted my LED light bar-rzr.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jralford1
Here is a pic of mine, you have a pretty sweet RZR btw
Nothing funner than getting out in the woods away from everyone and enjoying life! I've got to have a HUMMER in case the Polaris breaks down. LOL

Attached Thumbnails Mounted my LED light bar-2014-01-25_14-wv-ride.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 PM

Looks awesome! Any chance you'd be willing to make a set and sell one to me? I need something for the front of mine and the light bars are pretty expensive. I like the low profile look of yours and it seems like a simple install.

Ben

Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 PM

I think you bar is 40" like mine.
Name:  DSCN2694_zps609b7a8e.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  93.5 KB

If it helps this how a Rigid Industries spot flood looks.
Name:  102_1271.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  77.4 KB
Name:  102_1272.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  112.4 KB

Plus if someone wants some light bars to mount LED's I could sell my old mounts.

Last edited by SolidJJ; 03-14-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SolidJJ
I think you bar is 40" like mine.

If it helps this how a Rigid Industries spot flood looks.
Name:  102_1271.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  102_1272.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  112.4 KB

Is your second outdoor night shot with the 'spot" function turned on ?
Is the spot function part of the light bar and can be operated separate from the flood setting of the first night shot ?

I ask, because that is a great feature if that is the case.
Very impressive.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by motley1987
Looks awesome! Any chance you'd be willing to make a set and sell one to me? I need something for the front of mine and the light bars are pretty expensive. I like the low profile look of yours and it seems like a simple install.

Ben
if there is enough interest to build several I will gladly build them for people on here, however just doing 2 here and there that would make it allot of work...but I have something im working on that is going to make it allot better I think, its going to be a mount that makes it more like the jeeps

http://chuxtrux.com/files/Lighting/j..._light-bar.jpg

this will be very close to what its going to look like, My mounts will look much diffrent, im very limited to what I can bolt to, but yall will see monday or tuesday, im just waiting for them to dry. also I wont post it on here anymore i usually like to stick with 1 forum, im moving over to Club Hummer Offroad if yall are interested in seeing what they look like

Old 03-15-2014, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Is your second outdoor night shot with the 'spot" function turned on ?
Is the spot function part of the light bar and can be operated separate from the flood setting of the first night shot ?

I ask, because that is a great feature if that is the case.
Very impressive.
No the whole lights bar works when you flick the switch.
Name:  430166_474915685887068_716379887_n.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  212.5 KB

Last edited by SolidJJ; 03-15-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Mounted my LED light bar