PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mounted my LED light bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Default Mounted my LED light bar

I know this isnt the H3T thread...but its all the same for this application. anyways I wanted to share this with you because I couldn't find any aftermarket brackets to hold up my LED lights on the hummer, unless you bought a roof rack or something, and I don't want a roof rack on my truck, just not the look im going for right now, So I built these to give it a sleek look, these are kinda my prototype, I plan on making another set but allot more professional look. this is bolt in only, no screwing in to anything, just sets in your roof rack slots, anyways, let me know your thoughts

Attached Thumbnails Mounted my LED light bar-1.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-2.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-4.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-5.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-7.jpg  

Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Default Nice

Very Nice. That's kinna exactly what I'd like to put on. I like the minimal look. Where did you get the LED bar?

Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Old 03-10-2014, 09:52 AM

That does look very nice. At 24,000 lumens, it must be a beast at night.
Let us know if it makes any wind noise on the highway and some pictures of it in action would be nice too.
Your attachment looks pretty streamlined.

Are you required to cover the front when driving on public roads ?

Old 03-10-2014, 10:02 AM

I just put it on last night, I didn't noticed any wind noise actually but i wasn't listening for it either, after work ill take some pics before and after with the light on to show the difference it does, and check noise as well. as far as being covered, I don't think so... first time I have heard of it needing to be, I'm from Oklahoma so i don't think there are any state laws that make us, i have seen plenty of Jeeps with lights like this and they are all uncovered around here

Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 AM

Nice looking T!

There are a couple of HUMMERs in your area that like to wheel. Look up Skeeter on here. He is in your neck of the woods and loves to wheel.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Nice looking T!

There are a couple of HUMMERs in your area that like to wheel. Look up Skeeter on here. He is in your neck of the woods and loves to wheel.
Ill check him out, thanks bud!

Old 03-11-2014, 07:31 AM

Okay guys here it is....with this set up there is 1 issue I have ran into, its the XM radio...I'm going to have to move it forward or move the light back till it does not interfere with the radio...it works just fine sometimes but it cutting in and out every once in a while can grow annoying, may have to just move the antenna somewhere else. Wind noise, there did not seem to be any that I noticed. but the biggest deal is Im not super impressed with the light Bar, Yes I love love the look, I love the way it looks on my truck at night as well (camera wouldn't take a picture well facing the lights) but the problem is when you compare it to my 30" Rigid light bar on my RZR it beats it hands down, as far as distance that is, so I guess it depends on what your going for.

1st pic - my headlights....nothing special

2nd pic - this is my truck's light bar on, it does a damn good job as far as "flood" but spot light....not so much at all

3rd pic - 30" Rigid..yes name brand and you can obviously tell the diffrence between this and the cheap one thats on my truck now

Conclusion - if your going more for looks and want some decent lighting, i would say its worth saving a hell allot of money, If your looking for perforamce, wanting to see a good distance well my suggestion is save your money till you can afford a name brand light bar.
here are the links for the light bars that i was comparing

Rigid Industries 130312 E-Series 30" LED Spot/Flood Combo Light Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive Rigid Industries 130312 E-Series 30" LED Spot/Flood Combo Light Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive

Amazon.com: 41.5" Off-Road Extra LED Light Bar Cree - 240W Flood/Spot Combo Beam: Automotive Amazon.com: 41.5" Off-Road Extra LED Light Bar Cree - 240W Flood/Spot Combo Beam: Automotive

Attached Thumbnails Mounted my LED light bar-headlights.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-truck-led.jpg   Mounted my LED light bar-rzr-led.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014, 10:19 AM

That's all good information and thanks for the pictures.
Your shots do show the difference between one that has more flood and one that has greater throw (spot)

You are also right about getting what you pay for. Many guys will go for the the less expensive stuff and end up not getting what they wanted or expected.
I still like the light output in your picture #2 and your mounting to the roof rack is pretty trick. Maybe you'll enjoy it more as you live with it.
Thanks for the post on this.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by jralford1
Okay guys here it is....with this set up there is 1 issue I have ran into, its the XM radio...I'm going to have to move it forward or move the light back till it does not interfere with the radio...it works just fine sometimes but it cutting in and out every once in a while can grow annoying, may have to just move the antenna somewhere else. Wind noise, there did not seem to be any that I noticed. but the biggest deal is Im not super impressed with the light Bar, Yes I love love the look, I love the way it looks on my truck at night as well (camera wouldn't take a picture well facing the lights) but the problem is when you compare it to my 30" Rigid light bar on my RZR it beats it hands down, as far as distance that is, so I guess it depends on what your going for.

1st pic - my headlights....nothing special

2nd pic - this is my truck's light bar on, it does a damn good job as far as "flood" but spot light....not so much at all

3rd pic - 30" Rigid..yes name brand and you can obviously tell the diffrence between this and the cheap one thats on my truck now

Conclusion - if your going more for looks and want some decent lighting, i would say its worth saving a hell allot of money, If your looking for perforamce, wanting to see a good distance well my suggestion is save your money till you can afford a name brand light bar.
here are the links for the light bars that i was comparing

Rigid Industries 130312 E-Series 30" LED Spot/Flood Combo Light Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive

Amazon.com: 41.5" Off-Road Extra LED Light Bar Cree - 240W Flood/Spot Combo Beam: Automotive
I like that flood light look(pic 2). It appears your pic 2 (more flood, more light closer to the rig) & pic 3(more spot, more light away from the rig)are set at different angles.. Adjust the bar in pic 2 upwards, however you have to be concerned with blinding oncoming traffic.
It would be cool if there was a bar that had 2 swivel points. Down on the left & right(to avoid blinding oncoming traffic), and up on the center to send that light beam farther down the road.
Other than that, multiple lights to make everything right.

Last edited by hummerz; 03-11-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Mounted my LED light bar