PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mount the Spare on the Inside?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Default Mount the Spare on the Inside?

My H2 has the swing gate on the back with the spareon it. Is there a way to mount the spare on the inside?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Default RE: Mount the Spare on the Inside?

There might be. I've thought about it myself and pre 06's have them on the inside (I believe) so I was thinking of going to a scrap yard and finding the parts needed to mount it on the inside. Let me know if you find anything though, I'm still on the fence on whether to do it or not.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:31 AM

ive never seen anyone want to mount on the inside....usually people are looking to take them from the inside and switch to the outside.........if you are going for looks, why dont you just remove the spare ( assuming you do mostly paved driving) and use the roadside assistance or AAA if you get a flat....you will lost alot of space and visibility going inside

Old 03-22-2008, 10:47 AM

I've taken off the spare and have it stored in the basement for now. I just think it give the H2 a cleaner look, and I will never take it off road so I don't have to worry about that. I would just feel better if I had the spare with me though...

Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 PM

I took the spare off my 2007. Just figured I would call AAA. Plus my spare is a 35 and my 24`s run a 38 tire. SO its not like my spare will really work anyways... I dunno guess its just a chance your taking. I mean if your gonna travel a distance just throw it in the rear. Just my 2cents

Old 03-22-2008, 05:46 PM

Sounds like the plan then!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM

You could also throw some Slime, wheel sealer into the tires.........

Icarry a Pair of Plyers,Plug-kit in my Truck along with an High-Volume air Pump for Just such Emergencys........used it 3 times so far............and we have AAA also......

When all else Fails...

Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM

I don't carry mine around either. It WAS inside, but I needed the space!!

I figure if I need it, I'll call GM till my extended warranty runs out, then get a AAA membership!!!

*knock on wood, almost 4 years and I haven't had to call YET!!!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:58 PM

I would also like to remove my tire carrier

But, my understanding is, and it is so written in the GM roadside assistance literature, that they will only come out and change your tire, IF YOU HAVE A SPARE. Otherwise you are S.O.L., and you pay for a tow or other remedy.

Anyone have experience with this?

Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 AM

I have a complete mounting kit.. out of my 03 h2 I will sell for 250.00 if anyones interested. Local pick up, otherwise it will be plus Postage, handling

Quick Reply: Mount the Spare on the Inside?