PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

More Power

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Default More Power

Hey guys, Got a question. What could i do to give my H3 more power? I have a K&N air filter on it. What else can i put on it that won't void the warranty?

Old 03-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Default RE: More Power

PUT THIS ON

Hello Hummer FANATICS!!!!

We have an overstock of the following H3 Hummer Cat Back Exhausts (Formally marketed by SMA):

Hummer design is iconic. Just as the legendary H1 and H2 has heightened the freedom, excitement and driving experience of Hummer ownership, the H3 is becoming the leader among the midsize sport utilities. More power, sound and style are just some of the added benefits of upgrading to a Billy Boat Performance Exhaust system. You see it, you hear it and you feel it.

Billy Boat Performance Exhaust, the leader in aftermarket performance exhaust systems, offers much more than an aircraft quality, T304 stainless steel exhaust system. We deliver incredible exhaust sound and distinguished style for the H3 Hummer, a vehicle that lives up to its image in every way.

Mandrel bent, 2.5” stainless steel exhaust tubing is used for lowest exhaust restriction and highest performance for this single in / dual out cat back system. Mirror-bright polished muffler and stylish round or oval tips produce an aggressive and commanding, yet not intrusive, exhaust note.

All Billy Boat Performance Exhaust cat back and header systems are custom tuned to match the application. Providing the perfect combination of performance, sound and style is what we do. Since exhaust is all we do, we have to do it better. B&B products are precision built as a direct replacement for factory Hummer exhaust components including hardware and gaskets. No machining, no cutting or welding means easy installation.

Each Billy Boat Performance Exhaust system incorporates three generations of exhaust fabrication and racing talent. To insure proper fit and finish, Indy car driver, Billy Boat, designs and tests every hand made system manufactured in his 50,000 square foot facility in Phoenix, Arizona.

All Billy Boat Performance Exhaust products are manufactured using only the finest materials which is why they are backed by a lifetime warranty against rust, corrosion or burn through and 2 years against materials and workmanship.

A Moment of Adrenaline… A Lifetime of Performance.

See it here: http://www.stallioncustoms.com/ftru-0550.html

Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM

I wouldn't mind getting an exhaust system for it, but i don't know what a 5cyl with an exhaust sounds like. I have a certain sound i like on my vehicles. Is there anywhere i could listen to some online or something? To get an idea? Thanks.

Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Sisco22

I wouldn't mind getting an exhaust system for it, but i don't know what a 5cyl with an exhaust sounds like. I have a certain sound i like on my vehicles. Is there anywhere i could listen to some online or something? To get an idea? Thanks.
Look for the Colorado sound bite

GIBSON

Old 03-31-2006, 05:00 PM

Hey guys, Got a question. What could i do to give my H3 more power? I have a K&N air filter on it. What else can i put on it that won't void the warranty?
I'm not sure if the K&N(filter only) is really doing much towards your goal. I just installed the K&N intake kit http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=63-1095
and the improvement is very noticeable. Their website claims an 18.57hp increase. The stock intake is very restrictive and is robbing the engine of power. Coupled with a nice cat-back system, and you should get a nice increase. I really feel that a more aggressive tuning program would be key as well. Maybe Jet or Hypertech will get in the game soon.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: G Man

I'm not sure if the K&N(filter only) is really doing much towards your goal. I just installed the K&N intake kit http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=63-1095
and the improvement is very noticeable. Their website claims an 18.57hp increase. The stock intake is very restrictive and is robbing the engine of power. Coupled with a nice cat-back system, and you should get a nice increase. I really feel that a more aggressive tuning program would be key as well. Maybe Jet or Hypertech will get in the game soon.
I completely concur with Gary....Jet has me on their mail list and promise a Progrmmer/tuner in about 2 months for the H3 and will let me know when it's available...Watch this thread!

Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM

Yeah, the filter isn't really doing much. But i have noticed a slight difference. (Very slight) I am gonna pick up the intake kit and the cold air induction from k&n soon. Does your h3 have the cat-back system on it? Thanks

Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM

from listening to all those clips..i think i like Flowmaster 50 Series Delta flow the best. From what i could tell. I like the deep sound. Thanks for those links!
I agree with you guys too. I want to get a Hypertech or something to program it.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:25 PM

from listening to all those clips..i think i like Flowmaster 50 Series Delta flow the best. From what i could tell. I like the deep sound. Thanks for those links!
I agree with you guys too. I want to get a Hypertech or something to program it.
I have the Gibson cat-back..I liked the sound of the flomaster too..But it was too loud for the cabin even at cruising speeds from what I've read of others opinions on it..So the Gibson was cheaper too...

I put resonator exhaust tips on..Mellowed it out more

Quick Reply: More Power