PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

More pic posting questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Default More pic posting questions

Is there a way to post pics in the gallery that will show up as they do in a post, by this I mean using another site to host the pic so it wiil come up instantly. If not, can we make a makeshift gallery, by starting a new thread titled gallery on which we can add pics, then every so often either edit the post to ad new pics or better add a new post to the thread with new pics. This might be confusing or maybe I am doing something wrong but for me it seems the gallery as it won't work, i have to go to the gallery then sort of open files blindly hoping it is something I'll like, it would be easier to simply scroll down a page as follows to see pics. I'll try to make an example here.

Name:  CrutchfactoryH3.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  110.4 KB
This is one of my favorites mainly because when we took this it was dark out, no flash was used
and I didn't think it would amount to anything, it also was taken near a crutch factory I worked at
as a kid, and earned the money to buy my wife her wedding rings, we were 15 and 16 when we met,
16 and 17 when I worked there, and 19 and 20 when we married, everyone knew it wouldn't work out
back then, now they all knew it would work out

Name:  NIGHTHUMMER4H3.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  123.6 KB
Again this is a cool pic because of the lighting, by the way those purple lights near the bridge
way off in the background, are close to where the 1st picture was taken

Name:  NIGHTHUMMER1H3.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  66.2 KB
this pic follows one of the rules for painting, and photography, the rule of 3s, the top two thirds
has nothing to do with the main part of the pic, the bottom 1/3 is obviouslt the main part of the
pic
Name:  BEFORELevel25.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  83.2 KB
This pic was taken just beforethe Readylift levleing kit wasinstalled
Name:  DSCF000125mini.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  51.9 KB
This was the next morningafter the the Readyliftlevel kit was installed

this is a different angle, stillin the area where the tree was in the backgroud, my son liked the dead end sign, mainly
because with the Hummer, there really are no dead ends, unless there are a group of police watching you take pictures
Name:  NIGHTHUMMER3H3.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  117.2 KB
This is actually a different picture, I thought it was cropped, but he says he took one with the entire truck another with
the truck cut off, soemthing else he read in that fancy picture taken book of his.
Name:  DSCF1013.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  176.4 KB
Just a cool angle taken with the roof lights on

Name:  lotii.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  79.7 KB
a nice pic taken with a cheap digital camera
Name:  parkinglot.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  68.7 KB
another pic with the same camera, this was taken to show the smoked markers
Name:  DSCF0006.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  118.0 KB
this was taken for the ladder, and obviously before the taillight guards were put on
Name:  DSCF00042.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  139.0 KB
I think this is different
Name:  corelfrawgrill.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  144.9 KB
the dream grill
Anyway... hopefully this is a nice way to make a gallery, and if i wanted to add a pic I could just edit the post, or better
add a new reply, this waywe would all know new pics were available. If this is totally wrong in your opinon let me know. I think the good thing is it doesn't take up much space on the forum because it is a link to another site, itis easier to view the pics and could help us get the ROTM going again with an easier way of checking out the rides, hint hint... lol

Old 11-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: More pic posting questions

Sweet pics!

The forum software has a snafu..........been that way too long!!!!!! So the gallery feature is messed up, just like the polling, and a bunch of other small styff. We are on the list to be updated, as soon as the net heads figure out their chit and get it done. Sure hope it is very soon....... like yesterday would be fine.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Until they get things right this seems to work, it’s a nice way to share pics, here is one that was up for a little while, it was one of the 1st good pic taken, and reminded me of a trip to the pizza shop, in which my daughter waited in the car, (it was carry out) anyway we have all window tint totally blacked out, anyway two older people left thepizza shop, and the man told his wife, "Nice Hummer,he probably has a little house!" I'm still not sure if this was a euphemism or if he really thought my house was small, in either case, I found it funny, a week later we're camping and I had to have a pic of the tiny house we stayed in, behind ourH3, as you can see in the pic, there was very little done to the Hummer at the time, the rims were still stock, the handles we're on the hood vent, noroof lights, taillight guards, or readylift, just s tiny house. One more thing about this pic it was taken with a cheap digital camera. Not bad for a 100 camera. The really cool pics on the other post were taken with my son’s camera about 1200or more. Anyway here's another pic. I hope to take some new picks maybe get some shots of the inside, I'd also like to see some other pics...

Also my wife and I formed a foundation for disabled police, we want to put together a Hummer section and want to judge them for awarss, the thing is, how to you rate them to separate the Hummer that was modified by its owner, as a posed to the Hummer that was put in a shop to have it modified, while I think both are great and cool to go look at, I think the home modsdeserve a different kind of credit, do they typicallyhave two categories for each vehicle type.

One last question, if we use this method for sharing pics, do you think it would be better to add a pic to the 1st post, or should we ad a reply as I did here to show off a new pic.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:04 PM

Here are some dream mods I'd like to do, one or one of theothers. I have always like the old panel wagons, and later the full size van something in the area of a 65 to 69 chevy van, not the lat 70's and 80's those were too large for my liking, basicallytaking out a window, both windows, or both windows and perhaps the driverside doors, or both back side doors, the following pics, photoshop-ed would give us an idea as to how a windowless Hummer mightlook

1st the one window version

Name:  Hummervan1.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  38.7 KB

Then the 2nd version with no back side windows, but still a side door, if I were to have this done, I would probably seriously concider leaving a passenger side door, but loosing the driverside door, or perhaps loosing both back side doors, and keeping onlythe back hatch door

Name:  Hummervan2.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  37.8 KB

The next vehicle has no back side doors at all

Name:  Hummervan3.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  43.4 KB

Personally I like the windowless, doorless Hummer, it looks great to me, even though I can tell it is photoshoped, it still gives me an idea of what this would look like, and tells it would be worthwhile body fender job.

What do you think?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM

OK here's my final photo edit., I would try to match the fenders and the strip along the bottom of the doors
to the stock bumper

Name:  fenderh3.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  117.1 KB

Old 11-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Name:  Hummervan3.jpg
Views: 1995
Size:  43.4 KB I like this one, does look like the old panels. Cool!

You are fine adding a pic in a new post, but you can always add one to a prior post with an edit too.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 PM

You should see it with the darkened fenders, I think it looks like an old paddy wagon, or panel truck, super cool

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

I like this one, does look like the old panels. Cool!

You are fine adding a pic in a new post, but you can always add one to a prior post with an edit too.
If I do this I would probaly stick to the old school methods, and do this to the driver side, on the passenger side keep the door, and block out the window behind the rear passenger door, as kids we had several vans growing up, and most of them hadno windows down the dirvers side, th eonky rear door was on the passenger side, and the only windows were on that door, and the rear door, it does look pretty cool, and when you don't have a lot of money to put into something body work is the leat expensive mod to do yourself, follow this up with a fresh coat of paint, no color change and paint can even be gotten fairly cheap.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:09 PM

It reminds me of that truck from the movie "Jeepers Creepers":

Old 11-22-2008, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer4Life

It reminds me of that truck from the movie "Jeepers Creepers":

Does this come with a map, because you lost me LOL

Nice jeepers Creepers truck though

Quick Reply: More pic posting questions