PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

monsoon rbds?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Default monsoon rbds?

Should the monsoon stereo in an H3/H3t support rdbs (station/song info)? It does with XM, my 2004 Avalanche does, but neither my old H3 nor my H3t seem to be able to receive and display rdbs info from FM stations.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM

My H3 shows the info only on XM.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 AM

That's pretty lame. 2009, upgraded stereo, can't do a simple task that a stereo from a 5 year old GM can do. No mp3 input without wiring in something from the back, and while I haven't tried I've heard conflicting info on whether or not it can play a mp3 cd.

Nothing to get worked up about, but like the lack of mp3 headphone jack and possible inability to play an mp3 cd it's a bit of a head scratcher.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

hey it sounds great but no frills!!

ive listed lots more features in 79 buck,10 yr old walmart radios,mp3,ext,usb,sdhc slot,remote.
but it sure looks nice!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Honestly, the regular radio isn't that great. Probably the worst reception of any car stereo I've owned in years. I thought my H3 had a bad antenna connection or something, but my H3t sounds the same. XM is great - almost makes me wonder if it's a ploy to encourage XM service (assuming they get some kind of kickback). When a station comes in clear it sounds great. I'm not big into car stereos and it's good enough not to care about going aftermarket, but kind of disappointing that FM reception is merely adequate, no mp3 connection, may not play mp3 cds, and no rdbs. I usually keep the stereo low, but if I were the type to rock out everywhere I went and really cared about sound quality then XM or aftermarket with be my only real options. At least around here. Meh, no biggie.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Honestly, the regular radio isn't that great. Probably the worst reception of any car stereo I've owned in years. I thought my H3 had a bad antenna connection or something, but my H3t sounds the same. XM is great - almost makes me wonder if it's a ploy to encourage XM service (assuming they get some kind of kickback). When a station comes in clear it sounds great. I'm not big into car stereos and it's good enough not to care about going aftermarket, but kind of disappointing that FM reception is merely adequate, no mp3 connection, may not play mp3 cds, and no rdbs. I usually keep the stereo low, but if I were the type to rock out everywhere I went and really cared about sound quality then XM or aftermarket with be my only real options. At least around here. Meh, no biggie.
My brother is really picky about his car/truck radio. He usually replaces the OEM stuff.

Me, I don't listen to the radio very much, so the stock radio in my H3 is more than I need. I guess it's all relevant.