PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mods Aussie Style

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Mods Aussie Style

Yes it is a sweet set up. Drawers on roller bearing sliders?

Nice work.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM

Nice setup, that's hardcore.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Looks good. Does your stove mount in the drawer by the cutting board?

Wherre do you put the rest of your gear?

What about fuel? Where do you carry your Gerry Cans?

PS for the Metric impaired...

60L of H20 = 15.8 gallons of water

Old 04-21-2008, 03:59 PM

The stove will mount just behind the cutting board. It is a butane gas type which uses small throw away cylinders about the size of a can of fly spray..not sure if you have them there. Light and easy.

Plates etc will go under the cutting board, food in the first draw and cooking gear and anything else...beer supplies...in the top draw. On the top flat area will be table, chair and our open fire cooking tri pod.

Recovery gear and tool kit will be on the floor on the passengers side along side the water tank. Clothes bag on top of that and our double swag on top of that. we are going away for the weekend so I'll take a pic of when it is loaded then.

Fuel is an issue for when we do long trips. I willhave a long range tank of about 120l capacity made and and my next project will be a custom roof rack where I can store extra jerry cans and water if needed. Ultimately I want to be able to carry 160 to 180 l of fuel and 80 l of water for a major trip.

Drawers are on roller bearings. I will have a slide bolt on each draw but the local shop only had 1 black one in stock and the other 2 are on order.

Hahhahahaha Hummbob..... we have been fighting like prisoners for the last 200 years but at least these days we beat the Poms at everything!!!!! Actually I am probably..I think you would call them a wet back??!!!.... my great grandfather was an illegal who jumped over the side of a ship and went bush. Headed to the Barossa Valley..famous wine making area in South Australia, changed his name and grew grapes....I think this has explained the sebsequent generations love of booze!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 04:20 PM

Nice set up.
The door makes a good wind break when cooking.
I'm sure you have achoice of roof racks and long range gear down under.

I have a Defender roof rack and used a spare tyre mountedgerry can rack on my last trip to Death Valley! No isusses with the door except the extra weight made it hard to open on hills

Old 04-21-2008, 04:32 PM

Is that a Rancho lift I see under there?

Old 04-21-2008, 04:52 PM

Actually the local aftermarket guys are very slow in getting accessories for the H3 due to the small numbers being imported. I think it will be another couple of years before they really get a decent range. When the original buyers change vehicels and the first batch appear on the second hand market in 2 years is when stuff will really begin to appear. No on has a roof rack or a long range tank yet.

I already have a 35" on steel rim on the back door so I am resisiting the urge to put a jerry can on too or my wife will start to look like Arnie from closing it and that's scary!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
CWS

Wow, that looks professional. Great storage.

Cliff

Old 04-21-2008, 06:20 PM

Yep..sure is. Mine was the first of the Rancho kits fitted in Oz and the original custom paint job with the polished H3 on the bash plate.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 PM

How do you like it?

Broken anything yet?

Quick Reply: Mods Aussie Style