PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Method for Replacing Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Default Method for Replacing Headlights

So I ended up buying replacement headlights for my H3 and attempted to change out the stock with the new ones yesterday. Was able to accesses them by twisting my hand in there, but I was unable to remove the stock headlight - but I have to admit that I didn't put up a very good attempt due to the fact I didn't want to cause any issue with the wiring. What do they mean when they say you have to press on an area to unlock it? What exactly do you have to do, what am I missing? Also, you don't have to take off anything else under the hood to do this procedure, correct? Seems like a tight fit. Thanks.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

You mean the bulbs?

Grab hold, 1/4 turn (lefty loosey) and pull it out. If the wires are freeking you out, unplug the connector before you remove the bulb.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by porgy1
So I ended up buying replacement headlights for my H3 and attempted to change out the stock with the new ones yesterday. Was able to accesses them by twisting my hand in there, but I was unable to remove the stock headlight - but I have to admit that I didn't put up a very good attempt due to the fact I didn't want to cause any issue with the wiring. What do they mean when they say you have to press on an area to unlock it? What exactly do you have to do, what am I missing? Also, you don't have to take off anything else under the hood to do this procedure, correct? Seems like a tight fit. Thanks.
"What do they mean when they say you have to press on an area to unlock it? What exactly do you have to do, what am I missing?"

Answer: Putting forward pressure on the connector as you are turning it compresses the O'Ring around the connector thus releasing pressure on the part that is inside the housing making it easier to turn.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned
Default nuttin ez!

even when you get them unplugged,the wires arent long enuf to do much,hard to reach,could use a ladder!!
dont touch the bulb glass!!!!they burn out sooner with your skin oil on glass,use tissue.
try to remember how for next time

Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You mean the bulbs?

Grab hold, 1/4 turn (lefty loosey) and pull it out. If the wires are freeking you out, unplug the connector before you remove the bulb.
Sorry - I meant how to get the bulb off of the connector. I was able to unscrew the bulb out and bring it up. How do you get the bulb to release off the connector/wires without doing any damage.