PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

messin with a scammer

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Default messin with a scammer

came across this....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

asked this....

i have a question or two about the hummer for sale on cars.com, it seems to be very cheap at only $8,900. you say it is good int. ext. and mechanically. I just cant figure out why this thing is so cheap. does it need a new engine or something? sorry if I waste your time because i am not planning on any purchase, but ive just been curious as to why this thing is so cheap??[/align][/align]thank you and have a nice day[/align][/align]heard this from 3Hummers...[/align][/align]If that is the one that was on Craig's list it is a scam. They took it off of Craig's list.
[/align]The description of the vehicle is nowhere close to accurate. What did they tell you Zach?[/align][/align]Ebay doesn't provide free shipping. It is an 8000# truck. Shipping to anywhere would be $1200.00 and could be a lot more. If you want to play with the scammer write her back and say that for that price you might would buy it. Get her to post pictures of the rear window wiper, sunroof and alloy wheels. ( all things it doesn't have ) [/align]
and got this email back from the seller...

I’m selling the truck for some circumstances in my life. The truck is working quite good.
It doesn’t need an new engine or enithing else.
I will sell the truck only trough eBay because I have the shipping paid.

If you agree the price is $8900 with shipping included.
I will need your full name and address.

I look forward to hear from you.
Kristin
[/align]Note "all I need is your full name and adress" and "that is the price shipped" plus there is no actall city or state its listed under

Sooooooo lets mess with her/him/it a little bit and see where this goes, and remember if a deal on the internet sounds too good to be true... it is!

first email-

[size=2] On second thought, I may considerlooking intoa deal like this! but first I would like to know a few things. first of all, how much road noise do you get from regular driving? also what is the stockwheel and tiresize and are those the stock set? Does the vehicle rock back and for

Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Default RE: messin with a scammer

Good for you Zach!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

No response yet?

Old 04-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Nope, but last time it took her a day to respond so hopefully tomorow (its 12:20 right now, no I dont have anything better to do!)

Old 04-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Keep us posted.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:07 AM

Please do.....

Old 04-04-2008, 09:47 AM

They usually just stop responding - I've tried to play out a few of the craigslist scammers, and it usually doesn't get very far... if you don't give them the info they're looking for in the first couple of emails, most of them give up. The worst one I ever saw was on a real nice bummer I was bidding on a year ago on ebay, I had been in touch with the actual seller on the phone and new that the guy who won the auction was kind of sketchy whether he was gonna pay or not, and I was second in line- a scammer sent me an email a couple days after the auction ended saying the initial payment fell through and it was mine if I wanted to send a paypal deposit - and this email looked 100% legit. Only catch was, the guy had a different name then the person I'd been talking to on the phone. If I hadn't been in contact with the real seller, I probably would have went for that one - You really have to be careful with internet transactions.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 AM

if I dont get a response by the end of today Ill send a somewhat similar message under another email, and I just thought of this, if Hummbob sees his rig "for sale" again, he should arrange for a trade and give them the surprise of their lives when they see the actuall owner of the HUmmer!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

These guys have gotten much better at scamming people. It's not the same old internet amymore.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM

I dont think shes going to respond to me anymore, after I already said im not interested in a purchase, but now ill use a friends email and ask similar questions. Ill show you guys the email in a few, and keep you posted.

Quick Reply: messin with a scammer