PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

What do you and Trey have in mind as far as travel day, Saturday night or early Sunday morning? This time not only will there be drilling involved but maybe some cutting[]

Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

I am driving up Sunday morning.... it took 3 hours last time.... we left at 4am... stopped 3 times for gas, and then food... and then trey needed gas....

we were there around 0745....

Old 04-23-2008, 06:12 PM

Bennersj,
I'm planning on getting up really early Friday morning.....somewhere between 2-4am....then driving down to Muddy's....should be somewhere about 10-11 hours....maybe shorter...depending on traffic I know my way until I get to 287....then I'll have to use my Nav unit! I don't want to go through NYC.....especially on a holiday weekend.
So I should arrive at Muddy's around 2-4 in the afternoon. The mileage is about the same for me to go to Carlisle PA and I know it took me 10.5 hours the last time I went.....
So after that really long explanation, I'll be there in the afternoon on Friday. LOL!

So I guess I'll be spending the Friday & Saturday night at Muddy's.......as long it's ok with Muddy ( I can sleep in the 3, if I have to) The last time I went to Carlisle the hotel was so nasty I ended up getting my money back and sleeping in my truck each night, and went to the truck stop each morning for a shower!!! It was that bad.....[:@]

Getting up early on Sunday morning is a good idea.....it doesn't really bother me, plus a lot less traffic!
So how about you???

Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Here's what I was thinking and what I sent to Muddy:

Sat.
10am-3pm Wharton run,we could meet at our usual spot and eat lunch on the trail so pack food and drinks
3pm-???

Sun.

9am-3ish Rausch Creek again lunch on the trail so pack in your food and drinks.
4pm- We can all go to a local rest./diner where we can tell stories and just talk and get to meet everyone

As of now Sat. is tenative but Sunday is probably not going to change. Let me know what everyone else thinks and we can mae changes if we have to.

Bennersj if you want you can stay at my place Sat. night we would have to leave my house around 7am to get to Rausch by 9.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 PM

sounds good to me.....

I'll probably get a hotel like the Hampton for Sunday night....and drive back home on Monday.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 PM

This all sounds good to me, Trey I will probably take you up on the accomadations for Saturday night. Need to figure out Friday night, that all depends on what we plan for Friday. Stan are you up for some shop time then dinner and beers Friday night?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Is this for sure happening? Y'all are planning this without a doubt? Rain or shine? How many are coming?

Gimme all the details .......

Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM

Rain or shine! Rain just means more mud. This is a go, theur are enough people that have said they are willing to come out that this is going to happen. Read back the past couple posts through the mess we have times and plans scattered throughout.
Muddy
Trey
Solarflare
HummerGuy
Rhill
Bennersj
Waiting to hear back from Hardcor3

Old 04-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Not real sure where I will stay, if there is something going on at Trey or Muddy's Sat night I will head down that way. If not will probably just get a room at the Hampton. I AM coming though, just get there until around dinner time. Doesn't normally take me very long to get places but with it being a holiday weekend I'm not going to be doing my usual "speedracer" stuff.Gas will be enough, don't want to add a ticket to the mix.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 PM
JL

Don't count us out yet! We just found out today Lidia is getting surgury this Friday, so depending on recovery time we would like to hit both Wharton and Rausch!

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)