PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 AM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

I just had a slight change in my traveling plans, but they were for the better. I will be driving down Thursday after work and staying at Cesears for the night they are giving me a comp room for playing down there. That will put me about 20-30 minutes away for Friday and a whole lot less traffic. Stan I'll give you a call Thursday on my way to talk.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

wish i had time to see why you aren't going rich, but things are f'd up here at work and I have no time anymore. I hope you go and have fun, for me as well. My wife still thinks we are going to the poor house just driving 150 miles to the Badlands. I hope to make the next trip with you guys, but who knows

I'll tell you all what though, I inflated my tired this weekend from 29 psi to 36, and what a difference in mileage it makes. I honestly could care less about uneven wear anymore on 53k mile old tires, and my mileage went up from the inflation of the stock 32".

Just a FYI for people driving to this trip; don't be afraid to put a little extra air in your tires. You'll notice the difference.

Talk to you all Thurs. or Fri. Hopefully the forum won't go down again before then.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:36 AM

I run my tires at 35 cold psi.....so they are running about 38 when hot...seems to get good gas mileage.

I also tried running some octane boost in my Alpha. I found that the STP brand works really well. It's in the bright orange bottles. It added an additional 50-60 more miles than running without it. I'm definitely bringing some with me on the trip....it's worth the $2.97 a bottle.....and Walmart sells it, just in case anyone is wondering.

The weather looks like it is going to be great up here starting on Friday all the way through the weekend! For those of you that live in PA hows it looking down there????

Old 05-20-2008, 02:19 PM

Well Rich, hope you make it. Did you tell the guy about the forums?

Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 PM

HummerGuy sounds like you are in need of tires. If Trey still has his tires sitting around you might be able to work something out with him and that may just offset the price of gas to drive out and pick them up. Tire cost $$$ gas to drive out would cost $...hmmm

Old 05-20-2008, 04:33 PM

Anybody got a dremel I could use? Can't find mine. Just added the E&G Fender Flares (talked to Clarence at G-Style) and they rub a little with the 35's on good bumps. Done what I could with a hacksaw, but can't quit get it all.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

I have a dremel.... a cutoff saw.... sawzall.... etc....

Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bennersj

I just had a slight change in my traveling plans, but they were for the better. I will be driving down Thursday after work and staying at Cesears for the night they are giving me a comp room for playing down there. That will put me about 20-30 minutes away for Friday and a whole lot less traffic. Stan I'll give you a call Thursday on my way to talk.
Does that mean you are not staying here Friday night?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:20 PM

I am still planning on stay at your house Friday night. I just figured I would cut out allot of traffic and only be 20 minutes out on Friday if I came down Thursday and both Dee and I are off all day Friday.

Any thoughts yet what everybody wants to do for dinner Friday? Guess we should plan something for sure.

HummerKid, when you here the dremel, sawzall or anyother power tool near your truck just remember to breathe and

Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Hey I'm still in

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)