PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Hey guys....
Should I buy rock sliders for this trip????? I thought I would ask because you know the trails best, and I don't want to get my rockers!

I wonder what this big surprise is going to be????? any hints????

Are we having prizes for longest distance traveled??? LOL!

H34 Pleasure....I don't think there are to many big bridges....I can't remember....been to long since I've been down that way.....If you have to go over any, just keep looking straight ahead.....don't look down

Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM

I never look down when going over a bridge...but that feeling in the pit of my stomach [8D]..tells me to hurry up and get to the other side....If its 3 lanes..I'm in the middle.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 PM

I will plug the address into my new Garmin I got today just for this trip. Probably should have waited and used the money for some sliders thoughDidn't think about that until I read Solar's post.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:46 AM

Who makes some good sliders?

Old 05-02-2008, 02:50 AM

Trey has the Hummer OEM ones, which he is more than happy with. I'm using the Rocky Road sliders which I like allot. I think it is personal preference. The OEM's have option attachable steps you can add to them. If you don't buy any you will be able to check both out and compare on the weekend.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: solarflare

Hey guy....
Should I buy rock sliders for this trip????? I thought I would ask because you know the trails best, and I don't want to get my rockers!
Wharton... No need....

Rausch....with us... probably not in a H3.......BUT you'll need them before you go back in June with THCI...

I can put them on if you need help.... they are very heavy...

Old 05-02-2008, 06:21 AM

I use my OEM rock rails like bennersj said. I like them becuase I have the side steps that you can remove in under 5 mintues for the pair. They bolt directly to the rails, where if you want the Rocky Rails you can't have a step with them....and they stick out and you can hit your leg on them getting it/out of the vehicle. It all comes done to your preference, but for my money I would get the OEM ones.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 AM

FOR EVERYONE GOING:

We are having a hard time trying to find a place to eat. This is a small town with Mom & Pop places. I need everyone's feedback for the Sunday night dinner. Please either om me or post up on the thread your thoughts, we could go with the majority.
1. Hampton Inn Meeting Room and order in pizza/salads/etc. (We could all chip in for the cost)
2. Drive about an 45-60 mintues away from Rausch Creek on backroads to Outback or Applebee's

I prefer doing the first choice, it would allow all of us to be in one place and we can talk PLUS it's perfect for the surprise from HummerGuy. There is a Blimpie's and Dairy Queen accross the street from the hotel if a pizza place doesn't interest some people.
If we go with option 2 we may not all get seated together, it's hard to find a place that can hold 20-30 people at once, and we all won't be at one table. Than you got to drive back to the Hotel for HummerGuy's surprise. So that's all day in your Hummer on the trails and than another 2 hours of roundtrip drivetime.
Muddy and I orderred from the pizza place the last time and the food was good. For those that want beer there is a place that sells it accross the street from the hotel.

Remember to post or pm me with either choice 1 or 2 and I'll know what you mean.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

I have 3 comments

1. All this talk about sliders and such makes me realize I better take my tube steps off before I leave. I will do it and worry about getting them back on some other time.

2. Muddy's name is Stan, not "guy" and you want him to put you up For shame, I sayeth........

3. The generator was only if we need to do my little plan outdoors, which I'm not sure I'll even be able to get until the day before I leave. I'm crossing my fingers though

3.5 The conference room idea is great I think, regardless if my little plans happen or not. Trey; you'd also have to ask them if they have a certain piece of equipment available that I would need for what I'm bringing. You know what I mean. Most hotels have one.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I have 3 comments

1. All this talk about sliders and such makes me realize I better take my tube steps off before I leave. I will do it and worry about getting them back on some other time.

2. Muddy's name is Stan, not "guy" and you want him to put you up For shame, I sayeth........

3. The generator was only if we need to do my little plan outdoors, which I'm not sure I'll even be able to get until the day before I leave. I'm crossing my fingers though

3.5 The conference room idea is great I think, regardless if my little plans happen or not. Trey; you'd also have to ask them if they have a certain piece of equipment available that I would need for what I'm bringing. You know what I mean. Most hotels have one.
In response to #2.....That was a typo!! That was not intended for anyone...it was supposed to say "hey guys" I'll go back and edit it, so nobodies feelings get hurt!!!!

In response to Trey's question, about where to eat:

I like the #1 idea so that we can all hang out. Plus after driving so much...it would probably be best just to sit back and relax!

Also, Trey, what is the name of your hummer dealer that's close to you? I'm having a hard time getting the rocker panel protection up here.....I can get them for $484.50 total. BUT it's not guaranteed to get here by when I need them...[:@]

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)