PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)

I'm not the most social of butterflies but once I get to know you I will joke around a bunch. Muddy on the other hand his approach is just to wear you down until you submit. You really don't have a choice you have to be his friend, he kind of just shows up and talks your ear off. Don't get me wrong he is a hell of a guy, he had my back a number of times. I say had because before he met bennersj I was his best friend, now I'm a distant second and after this event I may not be in the top ten.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

That's completely fine with me. I'd rather be amongst talkative people then ones that sit and stare at each other wondering who is going to say the next witty thing

Old 04-28-2008, 01:07 PM

So what everyone is saying is that I'm gonna get my ear talked off....literally.....when I arrive on Friday

Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

So you are going on both days Brandie? We MIGHT be there Saturday but I doubt it. We are going to plan things this weekend. I told my wife we have to reserve these rooms now or else nothing will be left.

This weekend I looked under the truck. It seems that the bottom of my underbody protection is the same height as the tube steps. The bolts are rusty and as I said the holes are probably not going to hold up again. I may just take my chances with them on and if they get beat up, oh well. We'll see. I wouldn't be so **** about this if it was easy to rethread the holes in the chasis, but it isn't with the little amount of space you have to work with, at least I don't think. I'm going to search for those detachable boltless ones so if the holes are stripped, it won't matter.

If you had a grandmother, wife and shorter mother-in-law that couldn't climb into the truck very well, you'd understand

My wife's muscle injury isn't getting much better either because she keeps insisting that it feels better and re-aggrivating it. She could barely get in and out of the truck this weekend without pulling it. That's not cool.

Oh, and we did some mild off-roading this weekend down a very VERY messed up road. We hit a huge hole and she pulled another muscle because she was turned 90 degrees to look at something on my side when we hit the hole. I think she's better from that one though I think the seat belt pulled on her ribs or something.

I tell ya I AM a Nancy

Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Trey124

I'm not the most social of butterflies but once I get to know you I will joke around a bunch. Muddy on the other hand his approach is just to wear you down until you submit. You really don't have a choice you have to be his friend, he kind of just shows up and talks your ear off. Don't get me wrong he is a hell of a guy, he had my back a number of times. I say had because before he met bennersj I was his best friend, now I'm a distant second and after this event I may not be in the top ten.
I deal with people I have never seen before and might never see again every single day... so I'll talk to anybody.... even the cream guy in the mall.... he came up to us Saturday night and I said to Lynn... OH, Christ... it's this ****ing retard again.... but sadly he turned away and went back to his kiosk....[&o]

Old 04-28-2008, 04:17 PM

Mike,
yes I'm going both days, and I get the first day with Muddy and his wife!!! I can keep myself amused by working on my hummer.....if I don't have enough time to get everything done before I come down.

I think my front shocks in my 3, **** the bed......so unless I get them replaced before I come down, I might be working on them on Friday....if I can find the ones I want....I might go with the Ranchos.....I had them on my other trucks and loved the way they rode!
If it's really warm out, I won't have to worry....my truck rises up when it's about 80 outside......and has a nicer ride....maybe I'll wait till I offroad, and really kill the ones I have now.....haven't decided yet[:-]

Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

wife?? slow down... I never said I do....

Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Wow she called you out on that one. Yes the WIFE after the hard time you were giving me last time we were down.

HummerGuy we can always bring a laptop for you to communicate to us.

Brandie I'll also get to meet you on Friday, I'll be driving down early afternoon.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM

See Trey you make mention of me being his new best friend and talking to me and his reply is "I deal with people".
Thanks Stan I see how it is now I am being compared to the guy at the mall

Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Just let me have some kind of idea when you expect to roll in... I imagine I will start around 4-5am like I usually do.. but I don't want to get jammed up and you guys are running early... otherwise I might be following you... er.. passing you on the way to my house...

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Weekend Offroad Event(s)