PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

May be a stupid question, but...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Default RE: May be a stupid question, but...

They gave me a fully loaded victory red H3 with the luxury & chrome package. It's exactly what I have now, for the exception that mine is white. So far I am very pleased with the way I was treated at the dealership.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM

That's good to hear Jen...My dealer loans out Cadillacs for HUMMER service........Did that sound nasty?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Same here. My dealer is a Caddy/Hummer dealership. Obviously they have taste with the Red and Chrome combination they gave you ;-)

Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 AM

There are two dealerships around me which one of them like yours is A Caddy/ Hummer dealership, but where I got mine they only sell Hummers.

Has anyone been getting some nasty PM's from hummerVandelizer?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jen813

There are two dealerships around me which one of them like yours is A Caddy/ Hummer dealership, but where I got mine they only sell Hummers.

Has anyone been getting some nasty PM's from hummerVandelizer?
He has been taken care of sorry for that we got him as fast as we could.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:34 PM

Well I got my H3 back last night. They said they didn't find anything leaking, but they did notice the smell. They said they didn't know what it was, but they put some stuff in the vents/ducts to basically mask the smell. I am just glad to hear I didn't have a leak anywhere and now when I turn the AC on my car smells really really good. They did however break my antenna I just put on the truck (it was my second after the original) They took my truck through their carwash and it snapped, but they are placing it for me. I don't listen to the regular radio anyhow so it didn't even bother me. All in all I was happy with how I was treated on my first service experience with the H3.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

It may have just been some sealer or residue from the factory that was causing the smell. I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems. Typically Hummer dealers are pretty proactive and receptive to their customers, but once in a while you hear about one that seems like they could care less. It's unfortunate because one dealer can give an entire car company's reputation a bad name in the eyes of people who go there.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 AM

I will agree with the dealerships making or breaking imperssions to people. On the subject of the smell, I once had an Isuzu pickup that had a small leak in the heater core. It wasn't enough to make the floor wet, or show a loss in the coolant resoviar, but it was definately there. Apparently the heat from the core would cause it to evaporate before it could form droplets. When I would turn the defroster on, it was like turning on a frosting machine because all of that humid air and antifreeze would condense on the windshield and the only way to get rid of it was to turn the defroster off and wipe it off with a rag. My advice would be to keep a close eye on it and check for dampness on the carpet under the dash. Also if the floor under the dash starts to feel sticky to your hand, but no moisture, that is a sign of a heater core leak as well.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:29 AM

But..correct me if I'm wrong..If it was a heater core leak..wouldn't that be confined to the heater core and A/C evaporator box (one in the same area)?..If so, then any Coolant leaks from the heater core would drip out on the ground underneath where the A/C condinsate drains and not inside on the carpet?...That's why I asked her, if she noticed any residual coolant drips besides A/C water underneath...If she parks in the same place evertime, there should be signs of coolant residue after a while.

But also I heard of the same thing, about the leak being so small it evaporated before it has a chance to drip.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 AM

A lot of vehicles have all of that stuff in the passenger compartment behind the glove box. The ducts aren't water tight, so any leaks will form puddles inside on the floor.

Quick Reply: May be a stupid question, but...