PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

mars74

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Default mars74

I got this in a PM. Antone else get anything like this. From mars74

Dear Christopher,

I am writing you as a Hummer enthusiast from Europe who wants to learn more about the H2. I first saw an awesome H2 truck in Toronto in winter 2005. Since then I am devoted to Hummer vehicles. Six month later I also began writing about the Hummer community from my homebase in Schwarzenegger's home country Austria.

I see from the hummerforums page that you are an expert on the H2 and a great adviser to the forum. So I was wondering if you have a minute to share some stories and ideas with me on how the hummerforum works for members and drivers, what other (especially North-American) Hummer fans love most about the H2 and how you experience driving your beautiful wine-red Hummer ride yourself.

Would be awesome hearing from you and learn more about the H2!

Thank you and best regards,
Marius

Old 02-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Default RE: mars74

Wonder if he usually drives Camels

Old 02-18-2007, 12:44 AM

It sounded like spam with the cell phone #. I thought more people would have got it.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM

nope I didnt get it... but im an H1 guy....appears like hes only interested in the H2

Old 02-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Ok, here is the one I got today...................sounds fishy

Hi Christopher,

thank you for answering! Thing is, we do not have large trucks like the H2 in Europe. If you see a Hummer on an Austrian road you will most likely see it as an exceptionally fancy ride. People typically turn heads and admire it's looks, but the H2 is not much more here than an impressive truck. Most people would not even know its heritage.

When I was living in Toronto and Arizona, I found that this is different in North America. Hummer has a long history here and driving an Hummer H2 seems to be a statement. I would love to better understand what Hummers mean in the US. From the many owners I have talked with so far I have learned a lot of different perspectives, but I love to know more fellow enthusiasts and their unique H2 experiences.

As to the questions: I talk to fans and owners and share ideas and stories around owning and driving an H2. It's more about discovery of the unique than asking questions. Also, if there are new discussions in the forums that are difficult to understand for guy from Austria my US colleagues easily help me to understand what is going on. THus, I meet with friends and H2 owners (when I am around in the US) or we talk on the phone every once in a while. I have also had e-mail discussions, but that is much less fun.

So, what I'd like most is to talk to you about your H2 experiences, how you came to be one of the salient contributers to hummerforums, what you've heared from other people over these thousands of messages about the H2 and what your own daily way of using the H2 is (e.g. a friend from LA uses his H2 successfully to wow his potential real estate customers...).

Here is my home telephone number: +49 2571 139384. My skype username is "mariuscalls" (it's an internet phone so it follows me when I travel). Currently I am in NYC and in Toronto until 26th, after that I am 6-8 hrs behind. Best thing is be to make an appointment for a phone call to make sure that we have a bit of time to speak. I can call you via skype or phone too if you like so that I can pay.

What do you think? Would be awesome to hearing from you again.
Cheers from NYC,
Marius

Old 02-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Go for it man..he sounds l;ike he's a nice guy or just hot for ya..