PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Marker Lights Wind Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Default RE: Marker Lights Wind Rattle

I have a 05 h2, same wind noise, no sunroof and no roof bars either, drives my wife nuts, me too.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 AM

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]That's it! I'm going to take off all the marker lenses pull the bulbs and tape down the wires and see if that's the problem. We'll get to the bottom of this! I'll let you know what happens.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 AM

I gotta turn my STEREO DOWN....I don't hear nuthin' but

Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM

OK now it gets bizarre...had BAD wind noise at 70mph so I said screw it and installed my SMA/PIAA light bar saying it can't get worse...it didn't, it is now better. Not gone mind you, but better. I have had this light bar in the garage for a year thinking how loud it would be...if I had only known.. Will keep everyone posted as I remove, tape down, silicone, wiggle and twist all availble pieces.....by the way does everyone with wind noise have the front brush guards? and if so are they single, double? this would change the airflow approach angle at the top of the windsheild.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 PM

BIG GUY, I HAVE 06 H2 WITH SINGLE BRUSH GUARD.. THIS DAM NOISE IS SO BAD AT 70+ MPH WITH WIND.. WITH RAIDO ON STILL CAN HEAR IT BAD.. WE GOT TO FIND A FIX.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 AM

No brush guard here. I taped up the whole marker light with duct tape and it seemed to reduce it quite a bit. I plan on changing all the bulbs then siliconing them down.I noticed when I inspected the marker lights that the foam rubber gasket was very thin and cracked. It seems like the wind is going through the markers and into the holes for the electrical and right into the headliner. Hopefully that will be the fix I will let you all know next week. Big Guy, it kinda sounds like your light bar is redirecting the wind a little bit. I bet if you silicon those markers it will take care of it.[sm=signs003.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-22-2007, 10:42 PM

Went on a small trip today and heard this noise. The noise was there till I slowed down to about 45. when I parked the 2, I got out and looked at the roof.

The corner marker light on the drivers side came loose and was flapping around in the breeze. The head broke off the screw that holds it.[:@]

The whole time I heard the noise I was thinking, "How in the hel! do these guys drive around with this. It's driving me nuts".

Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 AM

That's strange .. I don't hear mine at all, not even after I replaced them with the IPCW smoked/clear lenses ...sorry to hear about your problems Chris

Old 04-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Unfortunately the marker lights were not the problem. I siliconed them up and I still get the noise. Today I ran duct tape along the weather stripping that comes off the windshield and lays on the roof and that's not it either. I got a tip from another forum if it works I'll let you know. [sm=signs003.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-24-2007, 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: RichS

Unfortunately the marker lights were not the problem. I siliconed them up and I still get the noise. Today I ran duct tape along the weather stripping that comes off the windshield and lays on the roof and that's not it either. I got a tip from another forum if it works I'll let you know. [sm=signs003.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Trust me...it's not the sunroof wind deflector nor is the problem emanating from your marker/clearance lights...it's the plastic windshield trim (not the weatherstripping) - a common problem with the H2. After my Hummer dealer re-affixed the windshield trim with 3M automotive adhesive tape, it's hasn't made a sound since. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: Marker Lights Wind Rattle