PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Marker Lights Wind Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Default Marker Lights Wind Rattle

I have an '05 H2 that has a strange wind rattle coming from the roof. It only hapeens when I hit 70+mph. I thought it was the wind guard for the sunroof so I ripped it off, cleaned it up applied neoprene washers to the brackets and siliconed it down, but that wasn't it. I think it may be the front marker lights because they all have a little play to them but I'm not sure. Has anyone had a similar problem?
[sm=feedback.gif]

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Marker Lights Wind Rattle

I still think it's the wind deflector. No matter what you do to it, that thing will make noise. The only other thing that I've heard of is the trim around the top of the windshield..

The small black trim may look tight, but when you are at highway speeds, some can flap on the window and cause this same sound.

That's all I got.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:19 PM

Have the same problem , looks like a comman fault....but as it raining most of the time in England, dont hear so much

When u do get the problem solved, please post...as to what it is!!!

Old 04-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Same problem even removed the sunroof deflector...however I did notice that the black seal is not seated evenly and there is actually a space between the top edge and the roof all the way across. Is this normal?

Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM

I'll bet that is where you are getting your noise from. The plastic doesn't even really need to be hitting anything, just have the ability to transfer the vibration to the vehicle so it resonates inside. Investigate into what you can do to fill that gap, or stiffen the plastic so it doesn't vibrate, or both.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Big Guy

Same problem even removed the sunroof deflector...however I did notice that the black seal is not seated evenly and there is actually a space between the top edge and the roof all the way across. Is this normal?
Same on mine.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

I'll bet that is where you are getting your noise from. The plastic doesn't even really need to be hitting anything, just have the ability to transfer the vibration to the vehicle so it resonates inside. Investigate into what you can do to fill that gap, or stiffen the plastic so it doesn't vibrate, or both.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-09-2007, 04:53 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll add a couple more brackets to the wind guard and see where that gets me. If it works I'll let you know.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-09-2007, 08:13 PM

HELLO, I HAVE A 06 H2 SAME NOISE NO SUN ROOF I WAS TOLD IT WAS CROSS BARS ON ROOF HAVE NOT REMOVED THEM YET........... ANDY

Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: CAMARO

HELLO, I HAVE A 06 H2 SAME NOISE NO SUN ROOF I WAS TOLD IT WAS CROSS BARS ON ROOF HAVE NOT REMOVED THEM YET........... ANDY
Well, that just threw a wrench into our thoughts.

Quick Reply: Marker Lights Wind Rattle