PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Magnaflow Sound clip!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Default RE: Magnaflow Sound clip!!!!

I'm surprised BB! I was expecting it to sound like farm machinery. Maybe it's because of the little I-5's bore and stroke. Looks like an option I'll have to consider.

And in the spirit of our Canadian friends...
Je suis BB étonnant ! Je m'attendais Ã* ce qu'il ressemble Ã* des machines de ferme. Peut-être elles sont en raison du petit fâcheux et de course d'I-5's. Des ressembler Ã* une option je devrai considérer.[/align]

Old 03-29-2008, 04:26 PM

I have AirDoc's intake on mine with an Airaid filter.My buddy and I were messing around a little on the way home today and he said that when I floored it right beside him that it sounded like I have a 4 barrel under the hood. Just need to find that perfect mix with the exhaust now. Think that I have a good start, just need to tweak it a little

Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 PM

I did a new sound clip with only the resonator and no muffler, the first 20 seconds is with the muffler, and the rest of the clip is without.

I find it gives a bit more of a deeper tone with the muffler.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...rent=new01.flv

Old 03-30-2008, 03:26 PM

I thought the second part sounded better (deeper). Both sound a hell of alot better than stock though!

Old 03-30-2008, 03:39 PM

Can't argue about it sounding better then stock, It's going to take a few days to get use to the rumbling sound when on the highway

Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

It's going to take a few days to get use to the rumbling sound when on the highway
Mineis the same way, they do hummm a little on the freeway. On the flats its not to bad, going up a hill you hear it a little. Its definetly differnet than stock but I got used to it and hardly notice it. All in all I am glad I got it.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM

Sounds good Blackbear. I thought the forward part was the resonator and the rear the muffler, but how much more drone did you get inside the cab with just the rear part attached? Was there a noticible difference?

Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 PM

I didn't take it out on the road with only the resonator, I just wanted to see the difference with and with out the muffler, but one or the other is still way better then stock.

Old 05-10-2008, 01:41 PM

Sounds good BB and not to jack this thread but thanks mfish I got my Gibson on, took a muffler shop two hours we tried it and couldn't get it only to discovery one pipe was too short and had to have an extension made.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Forney

Sounds good BB and not to jack this thread but thanks mfish I got my Gibson on, took a muffler shop two hours we tried it and couldn't get it only to discovery one pipe was too short and had to have an extension made.
Bummer about the short pipe...I had my Hummer dealer install it for $100, good deal! I hope you didnt have to pay to much more for the cutsom pipe. So how happy are you with the Gibson?

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Sound clip!!!!