PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Made Changes in Your Driving w/ Gas Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Default RE: Made Changes in Your Driving w/ Gas Prices?

I slowed down from 75 to 65. I was getting 16.5 mpg now getting close to 20.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

Come on Sharkie. How come the rest of us can't even get near 20mpg. 16.5
is considered excellent by most of us.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

Come on Sharkie. How come the rest of us can't even get near 20mpg. 16.5
is considered excellent by most of us.
Since my other post worked I decided to try replying to this one since I haven't been able to since this thread stopped.

Could it be possible that I'm getting better mileage because I drive a stick and most others drive automatics?

I also don't take off as fast as I used to, I use cruise control on the highway, and I coast up to stop signs and lights in neutral.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM

I'm getting a solid 17 with 22" Liquid metals and a matching spare. But I do have the K&N cold air intake kit. But I dont drive like my grandma either... Im fact racing cars is fun.... especially when you can keep up or beat most stock cars out there.... so 17 mpg is the best I get...

Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: MNHUMMERGUY

I'm getting a solid 17 with 22" Liquid metals and a matching spare. But I do have the K&N cold air intake kit. But I dont drive like my grandma either... Im fact racing cars is fun.... especially when you can keep up or beat most stock cars out there.... so 17 mpg is the best I get...
LMAO those cars probably aren't racing.... the hummer is a dog if you're looking for a remotely fast truck. I took mine to the race track, it was between me and a crapped out old pontiac sunfire and a 4cyl chevy s10 that did a pegleg burnout for about 100 feet for teh slowest car of the night.

I get ~12-14. city or highway doesn't make much difference. My alignment is also off and my tires are 32psi, so that doesn't really help my quest for the greenest machine out there. Biggest difference I've made is I stopped paying attention to my MPG & just drive a little slower and actually make use of cruise control when I'm not on the highway.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: CerberusSVT

ORIGINAL: MNHUMMERGUY

LMAO those cars probably aren't racing.... the hummer is a dog if you're looking for a remotely fast truck. I took mine to the race track, it was between me and a crapped out old pontiac sunfire and a 4cyl chevy s10 that did a pegleg burnout for about 100 feet for teh slowest car of the night.

I get ~12-14. city or highway doesn't make much difference. My alignment is also off and my tires are 32psi, so that doesn't really help my quest for the greenest machine out there. Biggest difference I've made is I stopped paying attention to my MPG & just drive a little slower and actually make use of cruise control when I'm not on the highway.
Believe me it's not like I'm claiming my HUMMER to be fast. All I'm saying is that at highway speeds or 30 - 80 is actually pretty quick for an SUV. Well at least mine is... And I do know the definition of fast. My COBRA will attest to that....