PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For the love of god....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Default For the love of god....

Will someone please tell me how to bleed the cooling system in a 2006 Hummer h3 before I light this bastard on fire!?

I replaced the old T-stat with an Autozone ac delco unit and now this things gets HOT! It climbs to the 3/4 mark on the gauge.

I tried berping it by taking the radiator cap off, starting the car a letting it run...buuutttt, apparently this Hummer wants to be difficult.

Its driving me nuts, i dont see a coolant bleed port like on my 4.7 jeep, so I'm lost.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Default GOD loves you

the service manual troubleshooting for hot engine does not mention bleeding anywhere.
you might need to pull the tstat and test it. also verify its not backwards.
they say,"SLOWLY add coolant",???

fill coolant reservoir,replace caps,run till warm, let it cool, top off reservoir.

Last edited by happythree; 04-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 PM

I bought the thermostat that comes in the housing and I;m pretty sure I have it installed correctly. The rib is facing up.

I'm gonna be really angry if it's bad, it isnt the easiest part in the world to change.

Everytime I've opened a cooling sytem Ive had to bleed the air out.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:28 PM

The 3/4 mark is nothing to be alarmed about. that's where ours has run ever since we bought it.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by egroegart
The 3/4 mark is nothing to be alarmed about. that's where ours has run ever since we bought it.

Really? This is my sisters car and I'm not familiar with it, and asking her is pretty much pointless.

The last thermostat was stuck open so it never reached operating temp so she said the temp gauge "read low."

Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM

Yes, if you do a search you will find other posts about this. That's in the normal operating range.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:58 PM

Son of a gun! Thank you Egroegart! I would of spent another day pullin my hair out!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:29 AM
rsc

To burp the H3 radiator you are gonna have to get the front end waaay up in the air to get the fill cap up at the highest point in the system. just parking the front wheels on a curb won't do it. Or so I have been told. However, running at 3/4 on the gauge at 100 degrees outside is about normal for many.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 AM

i think someone posted that you can get the actual temp from a scan tool??

i'll check mine later.

ultimately its the tstat that determines the temp

Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM

I hardly think 3/4 is normal range. I just changed mine out 3 days ago and couldnt get my to burp either. Before I changed mine it always stayed right at 1/4 on the gauge. Why would this be any different? I changed it do to codes showing up and I'm at 90K. So, I thought I would start with the cheapest of the 2 codes that came up. Engine light still on! How do you reset it or should I go ahead and replace the temp sensor? TIA

Quick Reply: For the love of god....