PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Lost power on 2005 h2

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
I occasionally had issues where the truck felt like it was dragging. It would pull slightly to one side. Figured out what it was one night driving. No street lights at a stop sign. I could see the ground glowing in the passenger side mirror. Got out and the entire pass rear rotor was glowing bright red. Literally enough to light up the ground, you could feel the heat 3' away. Damn thing wouldn't do it all the time, but enough to **** me off. Changed out the capliper, rotor, pads and replaced the axle seals just to be safe.

I will keep this in mind but the issue is now more with the vibration in the gas pedal when accelerating. I had the dealer check it out and the head tech says he didnt feel it, i went with him, he drove and i felt it in passernger seat and he didnt. What kind of head tech is he? Its not like the truck in still under warranty and I was feeling something that isnt there. I would have to pay the labor rate on all work done. They checked the exhaust, cats, front end, and they dont know why I get this vibration. I am getting it bet 20-55mph but its very noticable between 40-55 mph. Without knowing how fast I am going, as soon as I feel that bad vibration I know I hit 40mph, I check to make sure and its always the case. I thought about the tranny but it happens at different speeds, then I thought maybe the torque converter? Maybe to a trans flush including all the lines and torgue converter too. what do you think?

Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 AM

I think you should check your throttle body on the intake side. they are run by a signal from the throttle pedal. may be you have a stuck throttle body. One way to find out is by pulling out the intake and start the car and let someone throttle the car and check from the engine side where the throttle body is. if its working fine

Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dulla
I think you should check your throttle body on the intake side. they are run by a signal from the throttle pedal. may be you have a stuck throttle body. One way to find out is by pulling out the intake and start the car and let someone throttle the car and check from the engine side where the throttle body is. if its working fine

Thanks. I wl check that next.