PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking for these- any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Default RE: Looking for these- any suggestions?

No conscious or guilt triphere...When I see a spade, I call it a spade.......

Old 06-28-2007, 10:10 AM

ORIGINAL: greenshirt77

DV- Thanks for the suggestion, but I avoid ebay like the plague. There's got to be somewhere else to get these.
I've been reluctant to remove the warning labels on any vehicle because I know people that have done it and can't completely remove all of thesticker residue. I'd rather just stick something cool over the existing label.

ZYNE- I'm actually looking for something to cover the sun visor warning labels. I'm with you on the exterior stickers. I generally don't like them. Maybe one tastefully designed and strategically placed on the rear window, i.e. Harley wings if you ride, etc. Otherwise, stickers can just ugly things up.
eBay is fine. Purchases are covered by PayPal up to $2000. I use it all the time and only got stung once and PayPal covered it.

Using the Goof Off process I mention in my write up removes 100% of the residue

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM

Happy to see that, if nothing else, my thread has provided the two of you with a forum to exercise your playful insulting of one another.
I really do appreciate the suggestions so far, but I'm suprised at the lack of responses with more detailed info and direction.
Has no one that's installed larger than stock aftermarket wheels and tires looked for steering stabilizers?
On the visor labels- I would just like something simple and tasteful to cover the stock warning label. I know from the experience of others that attempting to remove the stock label from a cloth visor is not a good idea. Not to mention a pain in the ***. Better just tocover up- or just have the whole visor recovered.
I'll continue to search.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM

Sorry to have stolen your thread....It has been proven that some levity has keep the interest in the forums sparked...

Old 06-28-2007, 10:42 AM

WHY DO FEEL A NEED FOR STEERING STABILIZERS?

Old 06-28-2007, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

No conscious or guilt triphere...When I see a spade, I call it a spade.......
So you admit you still play in the sandbox then huh .. dirty ol' man! LOL!

Old 06-28-2007, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

WHY DO FEEL A NEED FOR STEERING STABILIZERS?
To, uh, stabilize the steering.
I know, smart *** answer.
As I mention in the initial post, with these wheels and tires, I'm bouncing around a good bit. That's ok, as I like feeling the ride a bit. I don't care for vehicles that are so smooth that you might as well be floating high on a cloud. I want to feel the road. That said, I feel the stabilizers will tame things a bit while still retaining the slightly unrefined ride feel I currently have. A happy medium maybe?
One thing I'm holding out for is to get this loose "clunking" issue squared away.(See thread at top of H3 section)I'm wondering if this issue is contributing to the overall "looseness" of the ride, even when the clunking is not at it's worst.
It could be that once I have that issue addressed, I may not feel the need for the stabilizers. It just seems odd to me with so many H3s out there now with large wheel/tire combos, that nobody would be offering steering stabilizers for them.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 PM

I maybe wrong here...But since the front end is IFS...isn't that hard to put on these stabilizers?

Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Where the difficulty lies with the H3, I think, is in the fact that it uses rack and pinion steering. I dont know what the H2 uses. Just the fact that is an independant suspension does not make it difficult to add a steering stablizer, Systems with recirculating ball steering grear can have them installed almost as easily as a strait axle because of the way the linkage crosses over the vehicle.